“Intro to Tex-Mex”

Ranked #261 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Lone Star is Tex-Mex for beginners, and as someone who can't eat stuff that's too spicy, that's perfect for me. I'll be honest--whenever I go here, it's for fajitas. I don't get anything else. I love them! The staff are good about food allergies, which is important with my family. Lately, though, they've gotten quite cheap with the fixings, which is very disappointing. I have to get the corn tortillas, and the last time I was there, I felt like they were rationing how many they gave me! Also, if you're ordering take out, check before you leave the restaurant that you actually have everything you've ordered--I can't tell you how many times they've forgotten to give us tortillas (but they've always compensated nicely for their mistake). Whoops!

Also highly dislike that they don't take reservations after 5pm. Makes it hard to make plans with groups.

There are newer reviews for Lone Star Texas Grill

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wonderful atmosphere great value. We had fajitas, we enjoyed our server ( a bit of a flirt) we liked that. The music was not too loud. I love it there.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Food is of great quality but bag of nacho chips was 16$. Staff is always friendly and helpful. There are a few locations in the Ottawa area to serve you and your looking for some great fajitas this is the place.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went to Lone Star with the team for lunch and a brewski. The beer was good but the food was over-priced and the flavour was underwhelming. I had the chicken wings and ribs combo. It's not that it was bad, it was just... meh.

The chips and salsa at the beginning was pretty good and it was free. No complaint there.

I keep wanting to rate this poor but I guess I'll take it up to average. Realistically, it was a 2 1/2.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Personally, Lone Star Texas Grill is my favourite restuarent. If you've never been...take the first opportunity to GO! The food is amazing, the servers are quick, friendly and more often then not good looking. Chicken, beef or steak fajitas are their main attraction at Lone Star - and for good reason. Once you've tried Lone Star's fajitas every other fajita meal you try will fail to compare, honestly. Not only are the fajitas delicious but the steak, beef and chicken are always done to perfection. Their other meal courses are just as great - trust me. But if you're planning on going to Lone Star and you've yet to try the fajita deal...don't pass up the opportunity for a mouth watering experience!!