“Great Food Great Service”
Review of Korea Garden - CLOSED

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Food Great Service”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Pros
1. Tasty food
- Especially enjoyed BBQ beef, Squid, Kimchi, bean sprout appetizer, spicy pork bone soup, fried tofu, miso soup noodle and rice

2. Attentive waitress
- We were approached for more food when any of the plate is 3/4 empty. The trick is to avoid showing up during the rush hour.

Cons
3. Ventilation
- As pointed out by other users, the ventilation wasn't the best. During our visit, the ventilation fan wasn't even on. We didn't realize until we were half done w/ our dinner. We were simply preoccupied by the delicious food =)

4. High chair/ booster seat
- The booster we were given had no seat belt.

Neutral

5. Hot! Do Not Touch!
- This normally will not happen. I happened to wear shorts that evening and slouched after dinner. My knee came in contact with the steel box which is part of the grill. That woke me up instantly. If you have young kid in the group, be mindful of this potential safety hazard.
Like I said, this wouldn't have happened if I were sitting properly ;)
Another option is to ask for a table w/o build in grill. Waitress will bring a table unit instead.

Tips

6. Party of 5
- Majority of the tables were equipped w/ build-in grill, with gas line connected to it. These tables can't be moved, period.
The table can sit 4 adults comfortably, and maybe 1 or 2 young kids.

Another pro
7. Free parking adjacent to the restaurant
- I didn't use it, 'coz the spot in front was available and free during that time =)

All and all, we will come back!

Visited September 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Don't wear your nice clothes!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Your clothes will smell of fry-cooking after you visit this place. The food is not appropriately served -- all persons are charged for all-you-can-eat dishes (we were told this is because all persons have access to them). This isn't a particularly fair or sensible arrangement. One of the guests at the table noticed that we should have been given a complimentary springroll-type of food (as it was listed as part of the dishes). The server's response to this by saying he "guess he would go and get it," but the only reason we got it was because we pointed it out. Also, the sushi rolls were too big to eat in one bite. This was somewhat awkward. However, the rolls were good, as was the deep-fried chicken dish.

• Visited May 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Okay/good food, terrible service!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

So far I've come here twice, both times with friends. I was not particularly enthusiastic about going for a second time due to the shoddy service and just-okay food I recalled from my first visit, but, not one to make a fuss about such things, went along with the other nine members of the group.

We arrived at about 5 o'clock and quickly ordered all-you-can-eat. We waited over 40 minutes for the first of the food - the raw meats - to come, and began grilling. It was another 30 minutes before the sushi arrived (and the restaurant wasn't particularly busy, either). Furthermore, the water around the table-top grills frequently evaporated completely, causing hot oil to occasionally spurt onto the people close by. The servers, when they came, were cold, and did not even stay at the table long enough for us to make requests of them.

That being said, the food was somewhere between okay and good. If the service had been better, the restaurant could have scratched a four-star review... but over an hour for a few rolls of sushi is simply unacceptable, especially when the restaurant isn't even busy!

Would not recommend, and would not (willingly) return.

• Visited August 2011
Mississauga
“$20 Well Spent!”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We went here with another couple for their All-You-Can-Eat BBQ, which only set us back $20 per person.
The idea is that there is a hot grill in the middle of your table, and you cook your own meat and veggies. Its a great social idea, good conversation starter. I would recommended only going with people you like, because you will have to cook together!
The menu is fairly straight forward. You order plates of meat (chicken, beef, pork or squid) and plates of veggies. You have to pay extra for plates of shrimp or other seafood (understand that). All your side dishes are included, with unlimited rice bowls.
The meat is already seasoned, and usually someone comes by to help you turn on your grill. I suppose if you've never been to a Korean BBQ before, they would help you a little more, but don't expect them to grill your food for you! You must turn it so it doesnt get burnt, or turn down your heat!
There is also a small selection of AYCE SUSHI on this menu, which we were pleasently surprised by! We ordered some, and it was fresh and delicious, BUT we had so much BBQ, that it sort of took away from the whole Korean thing. I would say if you are wanting AYCE sushi, go to one that specializes in sushi.
The meal also comes with all the traditional Korean side dishes. Don't ask me what half of them are, but I'm adventurous and will always try a bite of each one. You can order unlimited quantities of them, so thats good.
The KIMCHI (fermented cabbage that ALWAYS accompanies Korean food) was very good and very fresh. One of the waiters told us they make it in house (bonus!)
CONS: This AYCE does not include lettuce leaves to wrap your BBQ meat, and rice in. We had to pay a little extra for that.
Also, the service isnt the best, I mean its fairly slow, BUT they are really nice.
We have gone here about 3 times, and will definately go back when the mood strikes again!

• Visited April 2010
1 Thank SarahMarguerite
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food, bad service”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

To be fair, our friends showed up 45 minutes late so we were starving by the time they arrived and not in the best of moods. We ordered drinks while we were waiting and it took SEVERAL tries to flag down our waiter. The place was fairly busy, but there was no excuse to be that slow or for the waiters to not even look up when they walk by tables. Anyway, we got the Korean BBQ all-you-can-eat, I think it was $20/person and you can't have ANY leftovers or you will be charged for them. So we ended up being 5 so we got beef, chicken, pork and squid for the BBQ. They were SO good, absolutely mouth-watering and the only reason I'd ever go back. The sushi was sub-par. The soup, which I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called was also really good. Anyway, we had to get creative hiding our sushi leftovers but we didn't get charged. It does feel weird to pay to make your own food, but the marinade of the meats was delicious. So as long as you can put up with bad service, definitely try it out.