“It has been a long winter”

Johnny Farina Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 2,962 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2016

Work colleagues decided to have the staff meeting over lunch at this restaurant, hence my return; a restaurant I really do not want to go to.
My previous visit reviews reflect well this recent one and now a new experience at this place.
One of my colleagues left behind a designer pair of sunglasses. Those have a style that is very unique and stand out in a crowd. I did notice on leaving that only one staff member had approached the table to clear. Less than a minute after leaving my colleague realized that she forgot her sunglasses and I accompanied her back to the restaurant and the table. The sunglasses were gone. We spoke to the manager who was more “busy busy busy” and to us, brushed us off. On the following Monday we returned to speak to the manager again who could only give us a half minute and the same brush us. Never heard from them.
Two weeks later we both saw the same waitress out in the market area sporting the sunglasses. Nothing that we could do by then.
I guess the management of the restaurant doesn’t really care about morality of staff as long as the bottom line is good.
This winter has been a very long one and the restaurants in Ottawa seems to well reflect the mood of the city.

3  Thank LikeABigPizzaPie

Reviewed February 20, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic Farina's! Great service n able to get a walk-in table without reservation in very busy restaurant! Easy walk from Lord Elgin hotel. Romantic atmosphere for two couples in cosy booth - love open kitchens! Good wine selections. Loved the caprese salad n best Caesar salad I've ever eaten! Pizza great and pasta had insane amount of veggies (extra cost)! Amazing pistachio cheesecake! Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 19, 2016

We had less than an hour for dinner. No problem, we were told. And the promise was kept. But Johnny Farina is popular, meaning it's busy. That in turn means it was noisy when we ate there early on a Friday evening. But the service was friendly and very efficient, and the food first-class, The freshly sliced whole wheat loaf was a delight, the curried root vegetable soup wonderful, and the shrimp and pepper linguini dish outstanding. Wines tended to be pricey — we noted nothing on the menu for less than $10 a glass — and to be sure, the ambiance was nothing special. But there's no denying he quality of food and service

Reviewed February 17, 2016

I met some old friends here for dinner. I had the grilled chicken caesar. It was excellent. I don't say that too often about caesars. The dressing was excellent. They brought out bread with olive oil to dip it in. A great starter. My one friend had the steak salad and really enjoyed it too. Can't remember what the other friend had. The atmosphere was nice and you can walk here from the parliament buildings.

Reviewed February 17, 2016

Good food, good prices ... call for a reservation to avoid long line ups !! Italian food served. Good restaurant for an informal party.