“Great Italian Eats”

Johnny Farina Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 2,915 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had the mussels - yum! And the desert was pretty good too. I enjoyed the food - there is a good wine selection. It is a little noisy - but I often go there anyway

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Lunch on the patio was a disappointment. Service was slow despite few customers and the food was just ok. I had fish and chips and it didn't taste very fresh. My friend had a stir fry that was mostly carrots.
I had eaten here a few years earlier and loved it.

1  Thank Retired_in_Ottawa
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The pasta dishes are simple and perfectly prepared! Lively atmosphere too. Just a two block walk from the Lord Elgin Hotel and the parliment buildings.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

A colleague & I were referred to Johnny Farina last night after arriving in Ottawa. We were completely unfamiliar with the area and were on foot. We made it to the restaurant with no issues and were immediately offered a table in the bar. Our waiter was from Australia (apparently having come to Canada following a girl) and he welcomed us warmly. We selected a nice bottle of Chianti and had the obligatory calamari for an appetizer. I went on from that to a strawberry goat cheese salad which was quite tasty (with just the right amount of goat cheese) and then onto some "comfort food" in the form of cannelloni which was very tasty and hit the spot on a frigid evening. My colleague opted for the Veal & Figs which he said was very good as well. After we finished the wine, I opted for a glass of port (selected after some fine discussion with our waiter and the manager to get just what I was looking for). All-in-all a fine meal and a nice way to spend the evening.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have been to Johnny Farinas several times. On our last visit one of our dishes was the Caprese Salad. Do not ever order this out of season as they use under ripe tomoatos and the salads are pre-made and stored in a fridge - not at all good. Other than this my wife had the Polenta which was excellent and I had the calamari which were average at best. Johnny Farina has a great atmosphere and excellent service; but some of their dishes are now lacking. Used to be much better