“Not that good anymore”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Last time a got a Groupon, it was good, but this time, it was disappointing.

Soup was not that good, pasta were just ok, pizza was better, cheese cake was overcooked.

For the price it would be at regular price, I won't be back.

1  Thank miniwheat007

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food was edible, but for the price I expected much better. Both meals looked identical though they were described very differently. I had salmon on a pile of indescribable mush, and my friend had chicken on a similar pile of mush. We won't be going back.

2  Thank Maria G
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our first time there. My husband ordered the calamari as appetizer and it was so rubbery that we had to send it back after eating just one ( The waiter did not charge us, which was nice). Also had a strange taste to it We have never tasted calamari that bad). We then waited nervously for the meals which was surprisingly good. My husband had the Philly pizza and liked it, my Pasta was tasty, could have been cooked just a bit longer.The menu is very limited and We will not be going back.

3  Thank OttawaGina
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Like it's name, this is a small restaurant so do make reservations. Once you arrive prepare to be underwhelmed, and then charmed by this intimate little space. Select anything on the menu with confidence. We have never been disappointed by any meal - they are always good. You'll find the service to be immediate, helpful and always with a smile and bit of banter. If you have not tried Il Piccolino's, good soon. You will be pleased that you did.

1  Thank DO5458
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This little house is one of my favourite restaurants on Preston - the service is not pretentious and the food is good. I don't find it expensive (mains range from about $18 - 25). The daily special is usually well worth having. The penne puttesca is also excellent. If I am in Ottawa, I usually gravitate to this spot. Not often enough ....

3  Thank SoloCanadianGal