“Always Good Lunches”

Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Ottawa, Canada
“Always Good Lunches”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I entertain my clients here, and the food and atmosphere is always pleasant.
The Saki-Caesar drink is really amazing.
We've been there as a family as well and dinners are well prepared as well.
It is not the most amazing place, but it is predictably always good. It is dependable, and you know you won't have a bad experience.

The only complaint I would have is that for japanese Restaurant the Tea selection is really poor.

• Visited January 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Well located teppenyaki restaurant”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The restaurant is situated just a couple of blocks away from Parliament Hill. We decided to make a reservation as we were going on a Friday evening. It was surprising when we arrived that we were the only customers in the restaurant. The teppenyaki meal was good and well priced but not memorable.
The staff were very attentive and the chef was good entertainment.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Sellers56
Ottawa
“Average”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

With so many Japanese restaurants in Ottawa, a restaurant need to stand above the crowd in order to get noticed. I found the location great, the service spotty and the food average. Okay for a quick meal but nothing special.

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank Bob8300
Toronto, Canada
“i wish i had tried the food, waited 15 min and nothing”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I had heard that the food here was good, and had a hankering for teppenyaki so I made the trek to edoko.

I sat down with a friend. there was one person seated upstairs, a couple at one of the other cooking tables, and one full table with a crowd starting to disperse. we were seated far from the kitchen, well out of sight. The woman who greeted us disappeared, and we waited about 15 min. my colleague and I were chatting, but when 7:15 rolled around (we met outside just before 7) we decided we had waited long enough. no water, no drink, didn't even see a server.....

went to 18 over in the market and had a great dinner. I wouldn't recommend for the service alone. I can't believe they value customers so little.

TC

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank torontocpl
Ottawa
“Great location and good selection”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This restaurant is located a few minutes from Parliament Hill and during the day is frequented largely by the local office clientele. The restaurant is split into different levels and seating is below ground level so there is no view. The sushi/sashimi section will often be full, especially late in the week. Reservations are a good idea but the teppanyaki side can often hold the excess. I usually dine on the sushi/sashimi but the teriyaki, tempura and bento boxes are favourites of some of my colleagues who prefer non-seafood options.

They have a decent selection of sashimi and a varied a la carte menu with some wonderful specialty rolls. The lunch sushi/sashimi plate is a good way to sample a variety of flavours and comes with soup or salad. The dessert menu contains some unique options and is a great way to end of a meal.

• Visited August 2011