“Never a problem here.”
Review of Darcy McGees

Darcy McGees
Reserve with OpenTable
Darcy McGees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 2,900 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Get the proper pub experience. We balance Irish-inspired dishes and North American classics. We’ve perfected the pub staple, Fish & Chips, and make our pies and pastry in-Pub. Try our fresh burgers like the legendary Guinness® Burger, with your pint of Guinness® of course!
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've been here many times and have never had an issue with their service, food or beverages.

It can become quite a busy spot especially after working hours but there are plenty of seats but mind you, it might be in a tight location. They have a great selection of beverages and the menu is typical Irish fare but very good. Service has always been great and the servers are very friendly.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a 2 for 1 Brunch coupon and hadn't been here for quite awhile... The chap who mans the front desk gets an A for effort and over friendliness and charm which may make the others look more average than they really are...
There is a good selection of brunch options, I had the Pub Breakfast which is a high-protein selection of three eggs of your choice, Guinness bratwurst (which was the tastiest item on the plate and highly recommended), bacon & smoked meat with a little taster of beans which could have been more generous given that it's just baked beans... my dining companion chose the Benny's (sp?) which is a twist on the usual Eggs Benedict as the scone replaces the standard English muffin and the potatoes have a light maple cream coating which is a nice variation... my poached eggs were fine, but my friend thought hers were over done a touch... The coffee is fine, but service mid-way through meant I didn't get as much coffee as I wanted...
The service was fine though not really friendly in nature... The value was good, but I think I'll go elsewhere for a weekend brunch.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Popped into D'Arcy McGees before going to a show at the NAC, with over an hour to spare. Were seated and then waited a good 20 minutes for service while a waitress leaned against the bar gossiping with a colleague. The only reason we didn't leave was that we were running short on time and starving, and there are many choices close to the NAC. When the waiter finally came over, he apologized for the wait telling us the restaurant was very busy. Seriously. I told him we were on our way to a show and running tight on time. We ordered a plate of irish nachos and two beers. Then we waited another 20 minutes for our order to arrive. We were told the drinks took a long time because the bar was busy. Yes, the barman was very busy arranging glasses. Really. The irish nachos were ok, nothing ti write home about

I'd been to Darcy McGees previously and had never been terribly impressed with the food, but at least during the week the service is decent. In the case of this visit, I wouldn't rate the service as poor, I would rate it as non-existent. I plan to give the place a wide berth in the future, it has very little redeeming value now that a proper brewpub has opened a couple of blocks down on Sparks Street.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have visited this restaurant several times. It serves basic pub far but is well presented and tasty. The service is good. What sets this pub apart from the rest is its location. Take a seat outside on the patio in the summer for a great experience!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

So go and have fun. Food is good and entertainment is adequate. Spend an evening with friends. A good place