“Really Enjoyed this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Buffet Monimahal - CLOSED

Buffet Monimahal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Really Enjoyed this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

On a recent trip to Ottawa, we were looking for a decent not overly priced restaurant in downtown Ottawa. We went in here for the lunch time ($11.95) and dinner buffet ($12.95). The lunch buffet was fairly busy but food was brought out quickly. I really enjoyed it especially the naan bread and tandoori chicken. Also had some some vegetable dishes. I mentioned this restaurant to some of my friends so we went for dinner and I equally enjoyed it. Service was great, although restaurant wasn't very busy. My only complaint were the vegetables were a little more oily than I like and butter chicken tended to have more sauce than chicken. All in all another great experience and I would go back.

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Run!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

It is freakishly hot in there. There is a lot of food but everything tastes the same. The curries are like broth and not creamy as it should be. Run for your lives! Those who are not desperate or inhumanly hungry should really consider going elsewhere. Also 33 bucks for 2 people is really pushing it for the quality.

1 Thank OraNotte
Ottawa
“Excellent variety and tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is my favorite Indian Buffet in Ottawa. I find there is a fantastic mix of different foods (meat, vegetarian) as well as a salad and dessert bar. The price is extremely reasonable. All foods are marked with a colour scheme indicating whether it is a vegetarian dish or a meat dish. I brought a vegetarian friend who loved the choices and brought his friends the next time they were in Ottawa. I found there are quite a few choices to choose from. When they’ve run out of a dish, they seem to be pretty quick to replace it. There are choices of Lamb, Beef, Pork, Fish, all cooked in different dishes and flavors.

The service is good, as much as can be expected for a buffet. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get your beer, and this becomes a little more urgent if eating an especially spicy dish! Otherwise, usually when I leave for another plate, the plate I left behind has been taken away.

This buffet is my go to when it comes to making recommendations to friends and family visiting Ottawa. I would highly recommend a visit for a reasonably priced meal and an explosion of different flavors.

• Visited July 2012
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Please dont try this.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The buffet ( I tried on a Tuesday morning) was terrible. Too much oily and the taste was just average

Visited July 2012
Ottawa
“The shelves are not always filled and have to wait for next round”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good butter chicken and Tandoori chicken. I went one time during the evening and they checked after me if I was to stay there longer because they were closing around 9PM, I found that a little bit weird.

• Visited March 2012