“Excellent variety and tastes”
Review of Buffet Monimahal - CLOSED

Buffet Monimahal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is my favorite Indian Buffet in Ottawa. I find there is a fantastic mix of different foods (meat, vegetarian) as well as a salad and dessert bar. The price is extremely reasonable. All foods are marked with a colour scheme indicating whether it is a vegetarian dish or a meat dish. I brought a vegetarian friend who loved the choices and brought his friends the next time they were in Ottawa. I found there are quite a few choices to choose from. When they’ve run out of a dish, they seem to be pretty quick to replace it. There are choices of Lamb, Beef, Pork, Fish, all cooked in different dishes and flavors.

The service is good, as much as can be expected for a buffet. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get your beer, and this becomes a little more urgent if eating an especially spicy dish! Otherwise, usually when I leave for another plate, the plate I left behind has been taken away.

This buffet is my go to when it comes to making recommendations to friends and family visiting Ottawa. I would highly recommend a visit for a reasonably priced meal and an explosion of different flavors.

There are newer reviews for Buffet Monimahal

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The buffet ( I tried on a Tuesday morning) was terrible. Too much oily and the taste was just average

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good butter chicken and Tandoori chicken. I went one time during the evening and they checked after me if I was to stay there longer because they were closing around 9PM, I found that a little bit weird.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Decent Indian food but the quality is in tune with the fact it's a buffet and can never be a good as fresh from the kitchen.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I'll preface my review by saying that I am not a fan of Buffet style service. I enjoy Indian food and there was a wide selection of items when we were there on Saturday night, but none of them seemed partcularly fresh or well prepared and all of the dishes I tried were actually quite bland. The place was about 50-60% full so it is popular, but it was nothing to write home about. Maybe its better during weekday lunches?