“My boycott resumes”

Cuisines: Pizza
Ottawa, ON
“My boycott resumes”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I hadn't been to Boston Pizza probably in a decade since this location first opened... Back then my meal was gross. I had a salad with chicken on it, and the chicken had tofu texture (mushy cubes)... So here we go again during lunch. My coworker friend suggested this place and we all went because it was his birthday.

It was bad AGAIN. The guys had a pizza. It was around $30 and seemed to have barely any cheese or tomato sauce on it, and it was lukewarm at best.

I got a soup and a salad. Guess how much! $25! Instead of croutons, the French onion soup had hunks of pizza crust in it. The salad didn't have much variety in it, and it was soaked in an oily dressing. I gave up on it.

So the food was not good and the price was too high. We won't return for another decade. I have a feeling that everything here comes in frozen and is microwaved by the students in the kitchen.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank spykitten

ottawa, canada
“Gluten free pizza”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had the gluten free pizza at Boston Pizza, Barrhaven/Ottawa, Ontario this week. It was absolutely great! You couldn't tell the difference between that and the normal crust.
Highly recommend it!

Chris

• Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service good but”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited the Boston Pizza in Kanata tonight, August 20, 2012.

Food was great.

Service was good except when the bill came.

We paid our bill and then found that we were overcharged.

Once we reported it, we were told by the manager that refunding us the difference was a major problem. As he said, unfortunately I am not allowed to make corrections to a credit card payment.

He then asked me to pay the correct amount of $$41.08 and that he will ensure a refund be issued tomorrow for the first incorrrect amount of $45.58.

I would normally not do this, but dealing with a major business as Boston Pizza, contrary to my wife's objection, I did as asked.

As a retailer for 51 years and dealing with customers who pay by credit card, I find it unacceptable that an operation such as Boston Pizza can allow a manager to take payments but not refund payments made in error.

• Visited August 2012
Kingston, Ontario
“It's slipped a lot in food quality”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was a big Boston Pizza fan but over the last few years their food quality has really gone downhill. I was nicely greeted at the door and the service was very attentive. My drink orders came quickly. The bar area is great for watching sports. My complaint is that the penne I ordered (which a few years ago was terrific) is now really greasy and obviously comes from a central cooking facility as it had a boil-in-the-bag taste to it. A big disappointment.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Weerobbie
Ottawa, Canada
“winitmanu”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

went with my nieces brother and mother............service sorry not
so good.