“Service good but”

Boston Pizza
Ranked #729 of 2,737 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service good but”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited the Boston Pizza in Kanata tonight, August 20, 2012.

Food was great.

Service was good except when the bill came.

We paid our bill and then found that we were overcharged.

Once we reported it, we were told by the manager that refunding us the difference was a major problem. As he said, unfortunately I am not allowed to make corrections to a credit card payment.

He then asked me to pay the correct amount of $$41.08 and that he will ensure a refund be issued tomorrow for the first incorrrect amount of $45.58.

I would normally not do this, but dealing with a major business as Boston Pizza, contrary to my wife's objection, I did as asked.

As a retailer for 51 years and dealing with customers who pay by credit card, I find it unacceptable that an operation such as Boston Pizza can allow a manager to take payments but not refund payments made in error.

• Visited August 2012

Kingston, Ontario
“It's slipped a lot in food quality”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was a big Boston Pizza fan but over the last few years their food quality has really gone downhill. I was nicely greeted at the door and the service was very attentive. My drink orders came quickly. The bar area is great for watching sports. My complaint is that the penne I ordered (which a few years ago was terrific) is now really greasy and obviously comes from a central cooking facility as it had a boil-in-the-bag taste to it. A big disappointment.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Weerobbie
Ottawa, Canada
“winitmanu”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

went with my nieces brother and mother............service sorry not
so good.

Visited May 2012
gananoque, Ontario, Canada
“Average”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We chose Boston Pizza because my wife has Ciliac Disease and they offer a gluten free pizza crust.
The service was good, but both pizzas we got were slightly under cooked. The crust was a bit doughy. Not bad enough to send back, just not perfect.

Visited March 2012
Ontario
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Trenendous menu with good service. You can't go wrong with this fine restaurant. Amazing pizza and great Thai chicken bites.