“Somewhat Lacking”

Biagio's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #73 of 2,915 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant, providing lunch and dinner service daily. Able to accommodate groups of 1 to 100 for all types of events. We offer a main dining room and semi-private area, small and large private room and a patio. Ample parking available.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My experience was similar to another review already posted about Biagio's Sunday brunch offering. Started out as a party of four and when I tried to upgrade the reservation to six people was told they were overbooked and they could do it but would probably have to wait for a table even with a reservation. We were suprised to find the restaurant less than half full when we arrived and thank goodness for the unlimited coffee as it was all we could to to stay awake waiting on food to be served. A good 45 minutes from time of order and there was nothing complex ordered - omelettes, french toast, crepes and a pasta dish. Serving portions were a bit small but probably reasonable for a mid-day offering. The food was actually quite good and the fresh fruit served with my french toast was very nice. The staff were all friendly, the ambience and atmosphere is pleasant and the food was good. And yet despite all this I wouldn't rush back.

2  Thank Can8dn

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Inviting and quiet atmosphere....delicious italian restaurant.....great wine.....
enjoy as friends, family, couples and alone

1  Thank louhuz
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We bought a Groupon for Sunday Brunch - thought it would be a good way to try out this west-end restaurant.

We made a reservation the day of and were advised that at 11:30 it would be very busy so we best hurry in. The restaurant was not busy and the hostess didn't even ask if we had made a reservation. Super slow service. Nice server so I think the issues were in the kitchen. Maybe the chef didn't show up? 45 minutes to receive two orders of poached eggs with smoked salmon. My eggs were cold and over done (poached hard), small yet tasty amount of smoked salmon and I left the crusty, dry baguette on my plate. My boyfriends eggs were poached a little softer. I enjoyed the fruit on the side :) Unlimited coffee was good as we were there for a while.

The restaurant did start to fill up as it rolled around to 12:30.

Don't feel too badly about it as the Groupon was $13 for two for brunch. Wouldn't want to pay full price though.....so won't be back.

1  Thank Shelley U
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I hosted a private party in the banquet room at Biagio's this past weekend. Alexandra helped me with menu choices and general suggestions to help make my party a success. The room was clean and all set up and ready to go when we arrived early to decorate. Our 2 servers for the night were fantastic and the food was lovely. I would definitely recommend Biagio's banquet room for your private party, and thank the staff there for making my party a huge success!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had booked a small event with you a couple of weeks ago.
Guests ranged from 8-90, and service by your team could not have been better.
Something on the menu for everyone, service was prompt and more than courteous.
All who attended felt the same and we will definitely be back.
Your staff even took our cake, cut it up and served it for us, a bonus, and much appreciated.