“once and again”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“once and again”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I went to Bella's with 2 friends. Welcoming atmosphere, very professional, polite, good-hearted, gentile, humorous waiter (Frank); well prepped, healthy style home made soup and salmon. My friends loved their pasta. Price good for the quality of the meal. We will definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank CupperC

“Our neighbourhood favourite!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Of the dozen or so restaurants within walking distance of where we live, Bella's is our favourite. This has been true for a long time, perhaps fifteen years. We love the ambience of the old house, the consistent and interesting menu, the delicious food, the professional service, and the good value! A two course dinner, house wine, coffee and tax, for two, was just under $100. The carpaccio is unforgettable, and the ravioli with lobster and crab never fails to please.
Best to make a reservation, and we now specify downstairs, if possible. The building is destined to disappear for a condo in a year or so, so enjoy the experience while you can.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Billitchyfeet
Canada
“Excellent Food Excellent Service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was my first time eating at this restaurant. It was recommended by friends. The prices are on the slightly high side but the meal was worth every penny. Portions are enormous! I actually would like all restaurants to start to offer 'Senior Meals' with smaller portions.

The service was excellent and the waiter was attentive without being a pest. The dining room is pleasant. Tables are set with tablecloths and silver ware. There is no overpowering music competing with diners which is very pleasant.

I will definitely return for an encore. I highly recommend it to all. Come and enjoy.

For more information go to: www.bellas.ca

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank SGMCanada
Helsinki, Finland
“A Local's Favourite”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I am from Ottawa and like to eat out around town. Iv'e easily eaten at Bella's 20 times in the past 12 years. It is a very nice but unpretentious place set in a two story house in the western part of the city. The food is always great and in my experience the service has always been friendly and attentive. I have not had one bad experience here which is why it is my go to restaurant when I don't feel like testing the waters elsewhere.

When I was at home working in the hospitality industry I would confidently send people to Bella's over any place on Preston because the price/quality/service ratio is great. In fact I used to keep a stack of their business cards at my desk and when they were running low I would ask the guest to bring me back a few cards if they liked it. They always came back with a stack.

They have a menu online for you to check out but in general the food is more inspired by Northern Italian cuisine so don't expect items like pizza, spaghetti or other dishes which are more common in the south. Instead they offer all kinds of rich and creamy pastas as well as some delicious meat dishes. My two personal favourites are the Filletto Di Manzo Pepato (filet mignon in a cognac cream peppercorn sauce- costs $34) plus I ask for a side of fettucini pesto, and the Fettuccini Al Buongusto($20) which has peppers and prawns in a creamy creole sauce. Both are sooo damn good. If you're listening Bella I plead with you to never remove those items from the menu!! It would be a terrible day of mourning.

It's a wonderful restaurant and I hope it's around for many more years.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Justin F
“Lovely Valentine envening”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went there for Dinner on Valentine day. When we entered the restaurant, we were welcomed by a butler who verified our reservation and led us to our table the second floor after taking and hanging our coats, excellent care service.

Our waitress was a young smiley and sweet lady. She was also offering a great service. The ambiance of this place is first-rate. The background music is a mixture of jazz and blues. The music was soft and we were able to entertain a conversation.

We respectively ordered the duck and lamb plates. Both plates were extremely well presented. The meals were properly cooked and scrumptious. The deserts were also delicious; we both had the chocolate cake.

As for the drinks, we ordered two glasses of sparkling wine as an entrée, then for the dinner we ordered a bottle of red wine. They have a good selection of red wine. The wine is a little bit high-priced compared to other restaurants.

Except the little bit high-priced wine, this restaurant is faultless and highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014