“Great Steak Dinner.”

Bay Street Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: We invite you to visit the Bay Street Bistro and Chef Pat Montemurro for a taste of fine contemporary Italian cuisine...Hungry for lunch? Try the all-u-can eat Italian Feast of pastas, pizza and salad or the Sunday Brunch featuring delicious Prime Rib and much more... Or, for an evening of in suite dining, call for room service...For lunch, brunch, dinner or drink, the Bay Street Bistro is just off the lobby to serve you... Ottawa-style....
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Bay St. Bistro was next door to the hotel. I had ordered a steak dinner, it came with a trip to the salad bar. The salad bar was small but had everything that was needed for a nice salad. The steak came with a nice selection of roasted vegies and some yummy garlic mashed potatoes.The price was under $20. I was very full after my dinner.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

As we were heading to Parliament Hill to see the light and music show we saw this restaurant. We took a chance and stopped in for dinner. It was excellent. Salad bar was very good. I had one of the specials of the day and it was excellent. My wife loved her dinner as well. Would eat here again. (Visiting from Atlanta, GA)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went for the Sunday all you can eat roast beef buffet available from 11 to 1:30 PM - we got there about 12:40. To our surprise there was only one small slice (¾" thick) of rare roast beef left - the gentleman carving generously split this between 3 of us ! There was no further roast beef available ! The potatoes were luke warm, salad choice was minimal as were the desert choices. When I got to the deserts there were 9 pieces of the melon cubes left, a few grapes, some cheese and little squares which my friend found unappetising. All in all it was a great disappointment ! Never again!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our first time at this restaurant. One of us had a salad with chicken, nothing special. The other the lamb shank special. The lamb was tender with nice flavour, but the all you can eat salad bar was depressing. I have more variety at home! I became really turned off when the staff opened a cooler below the salad bar, pulled out a white bucket and dumped some of its contents into a depleted dish! Gross and so very lazy. Our server was decently attentive, no problems there. Just not what it could be.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a cosy restaurant that has become our favourite in the downtown area. There is something for every taste, and we've not been disappointed at all in our three visits there. It's very close to several of the major downtown hotels, and always has two steak specials that are excellent value.