“Cozy Pub..Slow Service”
Review of Bay Street Bistro - CLOSED

Bay Street Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: We invite you to visit the Bay Street Bistro and Chef Pat Montemurro for a taste of fine contemporary Italian cuisine...Hungry for lunch? Try the all-u-can eat Italian Feast of pastas, pizza and salad or the Sunday Brunch featuring delicious Prime Rib and much more... Or, for an evening of in suite dining, call for room service...For lunch, brunch, dinner or drink, the Bay Street Bistro is just off the lobby to serve you... Ottawa-style....
Ontario Canada
“Cozy Pub..Slow Service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Food was ok...cozy little neighbourhood bar...too bad the beer was warm and the service slow.
We watched with amusement from the indoor window..tables sitting outside for 20 min with no drinks..and the waitresses walking around inside at a turtle's pace. When I got my bill they had accidentally charged me $41 for a glass of wine...no problem...but then had to eventually go up to the bar to pay my bill as it took so long. Great little neighbourhood bar..the owner/manager just needs to light a fire under the waitress's kilts

Belleville, Canada
“Cozy”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Albert at Bay and decided to have dinner here. We sat outside on a lovely evening. I had a burger and fries and my husband had a chicken sandwich with fries. We had a couple of beers. The meal was delicious. We were not in hurry, which was good because the service was very slow. I would return but if you want a quick meal and don't want to spend long in a restaurant than this place is not for you.

St. John's, Canada
“Good Food, cheaper than hotel meals”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Arrived in Ottawa early and my hotel room was available until after five, after taking some time to explore the city spotted this Bistro near the hotel, a sign advertising streak, salad and all the fixings for a fix price caught my attention. After traveling all day, and spending several hours exploring Ottawa opted to eat indoors. It was air-conditioned, the deck was busy, but I enjoyed the relief offered by the air condition. While I though I had my mind made up, I glanced at teh menu and noticed Haggis. It is hard to get good Haggis, so I asked if they made their own, they did, my mind was made up and I was not disappointed.

The Haggis was served with a shot of whiskey, not sure if I was suppose to use it as a dip, tried that at first, then drank it. While very tasty, it was much moister than other haggis I have had, and the rapping didn't exists. I believe it may have been made in a pan of some sort, instead of the lining of a stomach. I enjoyed it, and was tempted to go back again for a second order the second day, but there were so many other places I wanted to try.

Markham, Canada
“skip it”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had been to this restaurant before and it was good but i had not visited in a few years. This time I was terribly let down, I had told my family to expect a good meal but that was not what we got. The food did not appear or taste, freshly made, pulled from the freezer was more like it. Overcooked, dry and totally unappealing. The price tag was way too high for a meal we didn't want to finish.

• Visited June 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“nothing special”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had breakfast here since we were staying in the attached hotel, and we were pressed for time. The breakfast menu is very small, either just toast, bagel, or croissant, or a huge breakfast. Something is the middle size range or a la carte would be good.

Visited June 2013