“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Allegro Ristorante

Allegro Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Allegro Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,094 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: AS of May 1, 2014 - we are under new ownership! Whether your in the mood for traditional Italian or new age inspired dishes let the flavours of Italy explode your taste buds! Feel like pasta? Our homemade Gnocchi is sure to make your mouth water with fresh pasta in a rose sauce. In the mood for seafood? Why not try our scallop martini, fresh scallops marinated in a vodka lime juice and grilled to perfection served over a bed of red peppers in a martini glass. Whatever you're in the mood for Allegro is sure to have it. New Owners, New Look, New Menu, New Taste!
Mtl
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nice, quaint little place in Ottawa's Little Italy. Not really authentic italian though. My bf enjoyed the seafood Alfredo (I found the sauce a bit too heavy on butter). I ordered the veal cannelloni but didn't enjoy it so much, the meat seemed a bit dry and the sauce tasted like it came out of a can... The waitress was very nice but the service was slow, and she forgot to bring the cappuccino my bf had ordered with our dessert.

Visited February 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Italian Restaurant - Can't Miss Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was a great Italian Restaurant that reminded me of the food we have had many times in Italy. The portions were extremely generous and the food was very tasty. The Caldo and Freddo Appetizer was absolutely amazing and Saltimbocca was delicious. The service was amazing from the server to the owner. Would highly recommend for all occassions.

Ottawa
“Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Overall the food was OK. We had the Salsicie al Antonio and Gamberi Allegro. These were quite good. We then had the Linguine Pescatore and Pollo stuffed with cheese and spinach. They were both good but not great. None of the dishes really wowed me.

Service and ambiance was very good.

Would I come back. Probably not but try it at least once.

Gatineau, Canada
“a little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

After looking at reviews on here. I booked at Allegro for my fiancee and I for valentines day. Its a very small place with lots of charm. Unfortunately they didnt have my reservation which left me a little annoyed. However, without fuss they seated us promptly and apologized for the mistake. A friendly and knowledgeable waiter came to our table. He had a demeanor that was genuine which I really appreciated. As it was valentines day, they had a special menu, so I cannot comment on the regular menu. The wine and food was excellent, although not the cheapest, but certainly worth the price. I left full and not bloated, and also not rushed. Truly a wonderful place which I definately will return to.

Gatineau, Canada
“Delicious Italian Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Quaint small Italian restaurant in the heart of "Little Italy". All food is home-made by an excellent chef. Servings are not small,nor huge,but just right.Service is excellent. Waiters are very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list.Prices are very good for the quality of meal provided,ranging from about $12.95 to $2495. There is also a very nice lunch menu. Would suggest reservations Thursday through Sunday.

• Visited December 2012