“Best sushi, love the atmosphere!”

C'est Japon a Suisha
Ranked #161 of 2,870 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We're locals and we go there as much as we can. It's the best sushi in town. The staff is super nice. And it's not as expensive as other sushi restaurants. Every time we have out-of-town guests who like sushi, we bring them here. If you can, try the Japanese rooms downstairs.

1  Thank EmmCee

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I tried this place with my bf, it is close to work and we met for lunch. We did not have a reservation but the hostess were able to found a table for us, the restaurant was full by the time we finished our meal. The waitress was excellent, not pushy and giving us our privacy.

The food was amazing VERY GOOD sushi and tempura, the atmosphere is awesome, You can actually sit on the floor like authentic Japanese places. The sushi were so good, I could not eat everything we ordered. I think it is my second favorite place to eat sushi in town.

Definitely will go back again

Reviewed January 7, 2011

The atmosphere is very tranquil, especially downstairs in the area with the private booths.

The service was very good. We found the food to be fine, not outstanding, but fine. The selection of sushi/maki/sashimi seemed a bit limited. Although, what we did order was good.

All in all, it was a fun place to check out and try.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

My wife and I went here for dinner on our first year wedding anniversary and it was great. I remember going here as a young kid and thinking it was so cool to eat in the Japanese rooms in the basement. We reserved a Japanese room and had such a wonderful time. the food was spectacular, and service was phenomenal. When we arrived they brought us to our room but then it was a while before anyone came to take our order... turns out our server forgot we were there, but she was so apologetic, and kind and definitely made up for it through excellent service. We will definitely go back! It is a little pricey, so we recommend going for special occasions.

2  Thank jonandcharjuane
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I've been tot his restaurant a few times and have always been very satisfied. I, myself, don't like sushi or anything out of ordinary so I keep taking either the chicken or Steak tariyaki but even that is really good. Great portion, always zizzling hot when they bring it to you. My friends love sushi and they've all wsaid they were good (not the greatest in town, but nonetheless good).

There isn't a very big variety of drinks which I find a little annoying when having dinner with friends. Service is ok, but usually the waitress lack of speaking good english and it can be a little hard to be understood.

Make sure to ask for the Japanese suites downstairs (if noone in your party is disabled as you need to walk down about 15 stairs). These little private suites (for parties of 3 to 30, I think) make you feel like your in another country!