“The dessert place to have it all!”

hollands cake and shake
Ranked #23 of 50 Bakeries in Ottawa
Reviewed May 20, 2017

We went in for the popular "Overlord" shake... it was UNREAL! And every bit of it tasted amazing! If you're not familiar with it they pile a cookie, a holland cake, a brownie, a toasted marshmallow, cotton candy, and a cherry ON TOP OF a milkshake! Oh, and sparklers... lit by a propane tank! Haha! It's such a fun experience to go and try this. It's the best $13 you'll spend on dessert. My husband and I split it and wasn't too much at all - perfect amount for 2! Sweet tooth people unite!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed December 13, 2016

Well, if you want the world's best cakes, this is the place to go. They've made our lunch cakes, birthday cakes, wedding cakes, easter baskets we fell in love with this place the first time we went. We can't get enough of it. Our son has allergies and the owner has always been able to accommodate us every time.

Now for the lunches. The sandwiches are just plain great! The creativity is just awesome. Who doesn't love crushed Doritos on a sandwich? I don't know how he does it, but i know we're hooked. If you haven't eaten here, you haven't lived.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

Closed Monday's. They have a great brown bag combo that changes every other day. They have two unique sandwich types to choose from and they put the chips right in the sandwich. Check them out on Twitter to see the sandwiches of the day. Their cookies are amazing and shakes are great. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

I am a big fan of finding local cafes and restaurants and staying away from the big chains. Locally made food, independently owned and freshly made is right up my alley. Holland's Cake and Shake did not disappoint!

Their menu changes weekly. This includes their individual cakes, sandwiches and soft serve ice cream (the ice cream is only served over the weekend). Love that the menu changes like it does, the owner/chef here is creative beyond words!

The cakes are the perfect size. I had an eat more one, which even had a little eat more bar on top. The cake was moist and the peanut butter icing was not too sweet. The sandwich I had was fresh roast beef, fried and caramelized onions, provolone and aioli. Oh and crushed potato chips! Didn't think I would like the chips but the additional crunch and saltiness was perfect.

The creativeness and uniqueness of this menu will keep me coming back for my cake fix over and over again.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 11, 2016

I've enjoyed their food a number of times and am impressed by the "crunch" in their sandwiches. The lunch menu is not extensive so might not appeal to a "picky" eater for lunch, but the food is very tasty. The combo include a brownie which was melt in your mouth to die for, and the ice cream was awesome.

Date of visit: June 2016