“still my favorite restaurant of all time!”

Mezzanotte Bistro Italiano
Ranked #457 of 2,785 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: With savoury and succulent menu items, Mezzanotte Innovative Italian Cuisine will give you a truly authentic Italian experience with a twist. For a Italian experience like no other in Ottawa, visit us at Mezzanotte.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“still my favorite restaurant of all time!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

LOVE MEZZANOTTE the place that never disapoint me and god knows how picky I am ! Apetizers: We had the risotto ball it was delicious, and some melanzana (stuffed rolled egplants so delicious, in a white wine sauce) I had the pollo Mezzanotte (stuffed chicken with a potato croquette ) The drinks were fabulous we had 6 margaritas, the new lounge section is amazing to relax after your meal, the place looks amazing with the new decor .

This is the place to bring someone and impress them!

For those who complain about the noise, it s not a restaurant for boring people, there is ambiance, the music is not too loud like some claim ... I went at least 10 times since my last review and never got disapointed. Always well served by karol , khalid or Frank and Clayton. I dont understand how some people can be disapointed on the service!

• Visited March 2013

Ottawa
“Great pasta”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had lunch at the Mezzanotte Bistro on the Market with work group (10). We all had various pasta dishes and everyone enjoyed them. The portions were very satisfactory for the $. The service was excellent. The drinks were great too.

• Visited December 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went out for an early dinner (around 5pm) on a Saturday evening. Calimari was delicious, as were our pasta meals. Atmosphere was also very nice. Like other reviewers have said, a tad expensive - but the food is fantastic! The waiter was also very nice as he took the time to give us recommendations and made sure we had a pleasant evening. Will return!

• Visited November 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food, but somewhat overpriced”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Four of us went for dinner on a Friday. The place got busy and a bit loud, which is usual for the youngish crowd that eats there.

The decor is simple: black walls and cieling, and white furniture (comfortable, too).

One of had pecan-crusted veal that had a rather mushy crust. Two had sea bass that they found was greasy. I has pasta with mushrooms, shrimp and scallops, which was very good. Prices were on the high side, particularly for the wines. The special of the day was a filet of beef at $44. Yikes!

Service was attentive and informative.

• Visited August 2012
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“one of my favorite in ottawa”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Mezzanotte is one of the best restaurants in Ottawa in my opinion, the decor is amazing, the new patio section is very nice. And for the food, excellent. The Melanzana (stuffed eggplants) is a favorite for me , too many good things to name them . The servers are the best . I always have a good time at Mezzanotte , it is certainly not a boring place. As for the drinks, last time I went I had 6 margaritas, that tells you how good they were! Overall , you can t be disapointed!

• Visited August 2012