“Really nice Terrace. OK Food. Horrible Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of MAMBO Nuevo Latino - CLOSED

MAMBO Nuevo Latino
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: The pleasure of entertaining. Taking inspiration from the fiery and aromatic cuisine of Central and South America, MAMBO is big flavors, samba~salsa music, mojito~caipirinhas and a wide array of tasty tapas. The restaurant’s exposed brick walls and bold vibrant colors imbue the main dining area with a truly intimate atmosphere, making it perfect for romantic rendezvous or corporate cocktail receptions. The private room on the lower level is perfect for celebrations, company meetings or product launches. And the newly renovated Mambo rooftop is a destination for those seeking a sound escape at sunset. MAMBO Nuevo Latino brings dynamic nightlife and a vibrant mix of cultures where you’ll wine; dine on a unique mix of Latin influences. Mambo Restaurant carries you through a memorable dining experience, as you live, love and dance with a Latin flair.
Ottawa, Canada
“Really nice Terrace. OK Food. Horrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Visited with my wife and another couple for an after work bite and drink.

Let me start by saying the rooftop terrace is a really nice place to have a drink and enjoy a warm summer evening. it was a busy night and that may reflect on the less than stellar food and service the night we visited.

The food quality was not what I would consider poor (that said, there are much better options a stones-throw away). What really kills the deal for me returning is the service or complete lack there of.

We waiter about 1/2 hour just to get drinks...then much longer for a guacamole and chips, a salad, and a fish dish

Worst tho was trying to fins\d our server, get an order in or having anyone come back to the table...

Servers were just disinterested and more concerned with socializing with each other as opposed to taking care of their tables

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank PCWedding

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Un-Spectacular food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I found the food to be very boring... I had a chicken dish with a creamy sauce that was bland, but edible. Other people in my party were equally unimpressed. We were expecting more!

10 Thank Marie-Alice C
Ottawa, Canada
“Nothing to write home about...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went to Mambo to celebrate the pregnancy of two good friends. The group was about 10 people. The waiter was not terrible, but he wasn't necessarily helpful. I didn't find much on the menu that was appealing to me. I asked him if substitutions could be made and he was unaccommodating. I had a small chicken dish and left after socializing for a bit. I doubt I will be back - there are far better restaurants in the market at which to eat and spend my money. Customer service is so important, and Mambo really seemed to lack that to me.

• Visited May 2012
12 Thank missamylee
“Lack of Everything”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

With two of my friends we went for dinner on the terrace which was the only good thing about the whole experience. As other people commented before the service is quite bad, the food was not prepared to the level of quality expected at the price charged.

• Visited July 2012
19 Thank Jacques_Alex
Ajax, Canada
“A Tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We visit Mambo now about 4 times/year when assisting a family member in uOttawa. It has become a tradition we all look forward to. Every time we have had excellent service and the meals have been consistently great. The lunch menu is filling and everything has great taste. The Quesadillas and sweet potato fries have become a favorite and never disappoint.

• Visited August 2012