“Great food, atmosphere and service!”
Review of La Roma

La Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
La Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #377 of 2,897 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in Ottawa's trendy Little Italy. Steps to Dow's Lake and minutes to downtown, La Roma specializes in modern cuisine rooted in Italian tradition. Join us for BYOW every Tuesday and NO corkage fee (1 - 750ml bottle for every two guests). Private dining for groups of 10-50 and have a beautiful outdoor patio.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been going to La Roma for years with family, friends and clients. The atmosphere is so diverse, a beautiful bar area to gather with friends, a dining room for more intimate dinners and a second floor area that accommodates larger groups. The chef and his team are caring and flexible, always paying special attention to my food sensitivities, presenting creative and delicious meals. The servers are equally talented, always exceeding my expectations. I would not hesitate recommending La Roma.

LRrestaurant, Manager at La Roma, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are so lucky and honoured to have such loyal and wonderful clients. It is an absolute pleasure to be in this business and meet so many wonderful people. We look forward to serving you, your friends and family for a very long time and hope you will continue to support our business. Salute!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I went to La Roma after a long sight seeing day and were we ever happy we did! We were greeted with warm smiles and seated right away. The service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door! My husband, who is a sommelier, was impressed with their elaborate wine list. The food was exceptional - from the appetizer to their homemade cheesecake dessert - just perfect! We highly recommend dining at La Roma!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

One of my favourites. Delicious Italian food with a contemporary twist. I usually get the special. My daughter always goes for the seafood pasta dish. The decor is fresh and the service is friendly. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I love La Roma because they offer delicious Italian food with a twist on traditional dishes. For example, polenta fries! Who knew that corn meal could taste so good!!! The service is amazing as the business is family-run. At La Roma, I can sit back, relax and let the expert staff feed me and take good care of me. It's exactly what I need after a stressful day at work - awesome food, classy atmosphere, friendly service.

2  Thank Carmela262
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Came for dinner for a group event. I had a salad to start, manicotti and then cheesecake for dessert.

The house wine was smooth, medium bodied and went well with the meal.

The salad was good - different flavours - the pear was a nice touch... but I found it a bit over dressed

The manicotti was o-k. It was just 'warm', not hot.. could be because it was a group event and maybe my meal was sitting there while everyone elses was being prepared. Still - it should be served hot. The sauce was good but the manicotti filling lacked flavor.

Dessert was a chocolate cheesecake. I found it too rich and sweet so didn't finish it.

Service was good -very attentive and nice.

Overall the portions were good and price point is ok but food is average. It wasn't terrible, i would probably go again with friends.. maybe try something different.

1  Thank princessS
LRrestaurant, Manager at La Roma, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our restaurant and the constructive criticism you have provided. We have an extensive menu with items that will surely please everyone, so we do hope to see you again. Serving large groups can sometimes be challenging, as timing a main course with many different choices can be difficult. We apologize that the manicotti were not served hot, they absolutely should have been. They are made in house, as is the meat filling. We spice and flavour the meat mildly as to not take away from the rest of the dish. We served a frangelico fudge cheesecake (I believe) the week you had visited our restaurant and yes, it is very rich and sweet. That particular cheesecake sells out quickly and is definitely meant for someone with a sweet tooth. But we change our cheesecake flavours every week and some are sweeter than others. We certainly hope to see you again and look forward to having you back.