“Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had an excellent meal. The garlic cheese toast was one of the best I have had, my siroloin steak was done to perfection and the jumbo shrimp on a skewer were tasty.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

After a horrible meal at the Maplelawn Garden Keg location, we vowed never to darken the doors of a Keg steakhouse again. We experienced overpriced, terrible meals. After offering to treat a couple that did us a particularly nice favour, their choice was the Keg on Hunt Club Road so we agreed to take them. Special friends and special favour. Everything about the evening was fantastic. One friend is a celiac and received special attention to her dietary needs. All four of us had excellent meals and Julien was as good as it gets in terms of service.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

We have been to the Keg a couple of times and had a great experience. The staff is very friendly and always available to serve you. I cannot say enough about the quality of food and it’s delicious, the portions are good and always hot. It’s a little pricey our bill was over 300.00 for four of us, we will only go on special occasions. If you like good food you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

I was travelling alone, staying at the airport hotel next door and needed some food. Yes, I know it was a Saturday evening but I never thought the place would be so packed even at 6pm. The receptionist thought I had the best chance if I queue for a seat at the bar. Fifteen minutes later I had a seat. The top sirloin was cooked to perfection, the the bar staff who served me were really friendly. A little pricy perhaps, but the quality of the food was worth it.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

Just before 6pm on a Tuesday, there was not a single person waiting and lots of tables. This is very strange, considering that usually right after opening the line quickly grows to 1hr+ wait.

On the other hand, this experience was not as perfect as our prior visits. The server started off really well - warm, pleasant, informative. Successfully convinced me to try the new feature item. However, the burger was burnt (a recurring problem) and he was rather hesitant with the solution. However, at the end the manager promptly rectified the issue by having the burger redone (to a very good condition and taste) and comping us the two glasses of wine we ordered.

Baked Brie was also below expectations based on prior visits - tasted like it was a luke-warm reheated leftover.

The special feature was very good - not in the way the server described it, but still suited my taste just fine.

Overall, I'd give this visit 4 stars, but it didn't feel the same as before.

Date of visit: January 2019