“Gluten free burger buns”

Blue Cactus Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Cactus Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #677 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Canadian, International
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Cross street: Clarence Street
Transit: Transit stops in surrounding area.
Description: In Ottawa's famous Byward Market, Blue Cactus Bar and Grill offers the right blend of a modern uptown atmosphere with contemporary cuisine. From starters to main dishes, Blue Cactus Bar and Grill prides itself with excellence in service, dining and atmosphere.
Ottawa, Canada
“Gluten free burger buns”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I was very happy to find gluten free buns. They also had a great chocolate cake dessert. They have seating for large groups. Nothing else was special.

Ida F, Owner at Blue Cactus Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Jamaicanlawyer,
Thank you for choosing to dine at Blue Cactus. I was happy to hear you enjoyed having the choice of a gluten free bun however the entire meal should have been "special".
Please contact me directly at ida@firestonerestaurantgroup.com so I may get the rest of your valuable comments directly. With them, we can work diligently at ensuring everyone's dining experience is an exceptional one.
Thank you once again.

“Slower than a turtle”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Went for lunch with a bunch of friends having heard about it became a good place for some burgers. The burgers took more than 30 minutes to arrive and they tasted... funky... in a bad way. I personally had a veggie burger and found it to be very bland and tasteless. I will not be returning here any time soon that's for sure.

• Visited May 2013
Dear Zain R,
I apologize for the slow service you received during your last visit to Blue Cactus. We do not pre-cook our burgers, so they do take more time than usual to serve. However, your server should have informed you of this when placing your order.
I am sorry the burgers seemed to taste "funky" to you. Blue Cactus is well known for its burgers and we sell so many, I can guarantee they were fresh.
Please contact me directly at ida@firestonerestaurantgroup.com. I would like to apologize and welcome you back to Blue Cactus for another try.
Thank you for your valuable comments.
Owner
“Bad food bad service...”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Went today for lunch -me my hubby and 3 kids (5,7,9) my friend and her 4 year old!
We were greeted by a girl with the worst outfit ever, dress too, too short, like I can see your bum cheek too short!
After sitting down we got our drinks we ordered 3 kids meals 1 pizza 1 pasta 1 chicken tenders, 1 nacho and a California salad and a soup and salad combo.
-One it took for ever to get the food- ( must of been, because stomping of the tomatoes for the pasta sauce)
-The nachos were mediocre, and I'm being nice! (Yuk)
-the salad was so over dressed , it was bad( maybe the kitchen staff doesn't know the difference between lettuces)
-kids pasta taste like nothing, I've had better from a can for 99 cents
-the soup was also bad (again can stuff is better)
I told the sever that the stuff was a bit of a joke, he replied kids eat free on Sundays... So! it doesn't make it better, and BTW thanks for telling us that from the start, NOT
I WILL NEVER RETURN AND WILL SPREAD THE WORD... Don't eat there! EVER!

Visited April 2014
Dear Merby 746,
I was very dismayed to read your review. Certainly your dining experience did not reach the level of excellence we strive for. Our servers should be tastefully dressed, and all the food should be excellent whether free or not. The server should have reported your comments to the manager immediately.
Please contact me directly at ida@firestonerestaurantgroup so I may ensure your next visit will be an excellent one.
My most sincere apologies to you, your family and your friend.
Toronto, Canada
“Very slow service.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My sister and I brought our kids (3 under the age of 13) on a recent visit to Ottawa as It had a been a popular spot I visited frequently in my teens and I had great memories. We arrived at 6:30 with a reservation. We ordered drinks and weren't served until 7:10. They no longer provide salsa and chips, something they were known for. We were not served our appetizers (which we ordered when we realized they were no longer providing S & C) until 7:45, along with our mains! Our waitress was really friendly but couldn't do anything to speed up the service. Our kids, after waiting over an hour for food, were besides themselves, miserable and cranky. I won't return.

• Visited March 2014
Ida F, Owner at Blue Cactus Bar & Grill, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Melmotheroftwo,
Thank you for choosing to return to Blue Cactus during your visit to Ottawa, we appreciate it very much. I apologize that you experienced slow service while dining with us. We understand when eating out with kids, the delivery time of food and drink is especially important.
Unfortunately we are no longer able to provide chips and salsa automatically to our customers. Although you mentioned that you had good service, the server should have provided you with chips and salsa when she recognized the service was slow.
If you have a few moments, please contact me directly at ida@firestonerestaurantgroup.com so I may ensure your next visit is a perfect dining experience. Thank you for your valuable comments.
“Such a Bummer”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I get to Blue Cactus at least once a year... Mainly for their margaritas. It has a great atmosphere and the location is perfect. The food is Byward Market standard: never disappointing, but never incredible either. Unfortunately, I will not go back there again because their margaritas are no longer made with real lime juice. It's a sugary, sweet lime syrup and it's gross. My server was appalling: she was a larger girl and her dress was so tight and short that I saw her buttcheeks and watched her pull the hem down every 30 seconds. She also had huge boobs spilling out of an extremely lowcut neckline. I've never seen anything like it in a restaurant and I am shocked that her managers never said anything about it. Honestly, my 2 girlfriends and I spent more time staring at her in shock than talking with each other. It was bad.

• Visited February 2014
Dear Rio B,
Thank you for being a repeat customer at Blue Cactus. We appreciate your business very much.
Thank you as well for providing feedback regarding your last visit. With your comments, we are able
to ensure we provide an excellent quality of food, drink and service
We continue to use real lime juice in our margarita's. I have given your feedback to our management and Bar Director to ensure the bartenders are following the recipe accurately.
We understand the feelings you had regarding the dress of your server. We will review our uniforms to ensure everyone is tastefully attired.
Please contact me directly at ida@firestonerestaurantgroup.com so I may ensure your next visit, and Margarita exceeds your expectations!