“Loved the food - put some clothes on girls!”

Blue Cactus Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Cactus Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #550 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Cross street: Clarence Street
Transit: Transit stops in surrounding area.
Description: In Ottawa's famous Byward Market, Blue Cactus Bar and Grill offers the right blend of a modern uptown atmosphere with contemporary cuisine. From starters to main dishes, Blue Cactus Bar and Grill prides itself with excellence in service, dining and atmosphere.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had Lobster Poutine with Brie - loved it and had vegetarian taco and shrimp taco. We are hoping to go back before we leave for home. My husband had gluten free Alfredo - it was great and other guest had the seafood gumbo. They both raved about the food.
I was sad and embarassed to see the way the girls dressed - no, I really didn't enjoy looking at their cleavage. Is that really necessary?
Not sure about brunch or delivery.

There are newer reviews for Blue Cactus Bar & Grill

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went to this restaurant yesterday (with 3 friends) for the first time even though I live in Ottawa. I had a seared tuna salad and it was pretty good. My sangria was OK but not very flavourful. The other people really liked their meals - one had vegetarian tacos, one had the gumbo soup and one had a salad.

The decor was nice and the windows were open so we felt a part of the crowd out enjoying the first warm day of spring. The waiter was prompt and friendly. With all that, I would have recommended this restaurant to others but....

We discovered it is one of those restaurants that makes their female wait staff wear very low-cut tops and very high cut pants. Are they thinking this will attract customers? And what type of customer are they trying to attract? I see it as an insult to intelligent people who are out for a nice meal. I will not suggest that people eat here and if they ask, I will tell them why. Their choice but I know most people that I know will pass...

1  Thank REL_11
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Good place to go eat with friends. The guacamole was okay. The ambiance is relax. The service was great.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

the food isnt that good and i find it fairly expensive for what is served.
I also had a very bad service... hostess was rude and they were basically pushing us out the door.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went there and we enjoyed it. The food was good,the waiter was friendly and very attentive. It's not a high range restaurant but it's a good one if you want something simple for an average price.