“Shopping center special”
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Baton Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,737 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: We are pleased to announce Bunch every Saturday and Sunday from 9 am - 3 pm . Reservations welcome for any size party
Nevada
“Shopping center special”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Baton Rouge was a nice respite - especially for a shopping center restaurant

Perky, pleasant staff.
Good menu from appetizers to full meals. BIG burgers. Good salads

Nice decor warm feeling 7/30/2014

Mississauga
“Fresh, homemade food!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Although the service in this restaurant was a little slow, once the food arrived, it was worth the wait! My children still talk about how fresh and delicious the chicken tenders were. Manager checked in on us and was very accommodating to other groups around us who had to change seats because their party got too big. Highly recommend this restaurant. Thanks for making our trip memorable.

Ottawa, Canada
“Jumped the shark”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This used to be one of our go to places when we were looking for more formal food. Although we hated the "platoon service" which they finally killed, we'd go back a couple of times a year.

This year, it was just "Meh". It's off our list now. And, this seems common as the place was not very crowded on a Thursday night and it always used to be packed. No reservations required any more.

The food, I don't think has really changed much. I had the ribs as usual, but they didn't seem as outstanding. I had to ask for extra toppings on my baked potato. "Loaded" might now mean loaded with sodium as opposed toppings. Yes, all the toppings are bad for you, but it was my birthday.

But, the service was really down. We had to constantly remind the waiter that one of us can't eat gluten (not a choice - the actual allergy). Hopefully, he remembered when he got to kitchen. He didn't want to give me the free birthday cake you get on your birthday - he was only going to give it to us if we didn't order dessert. Nice touch. Overall, he seemed slow and not very attentive.

I didn't feel great the next day, but I think that was too much sodium.

Although it was not crowded, we were there almost two hours. I'm guessing this drawn out service is to keep it looking busy.

Oh, and beside us, they crammed a huge group into a less than optimal table even though there were two better tables of the same size in the same area. Why were they saving the good table? They sat unused the whole time we were there.

• Visited June 2014
Corning, New York
“Very accomdating”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We arrived very late - almost 9pm and they greated us with open arms. I had chicken with a barbaque sause, Good flavor. My husband had a tener steak that he really liked.

Visited July 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Good Meal, Nice Place”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had a perfectly good meal here on my way back from the Museum of War. I had the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich, which was quite good. The service was great. Not too many people here. I wonder if a lot of government employees take vacation during Canada Day week?