“A definite place to eat”

Baton Rouge Downtown Ottawa
Ranked #15 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: We are pleased to announce Bunch every Saturday and Sunday from 9 am - 3 pm . Reservations welcome for any size party
Ashton, Canada
“A definite place to eat”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Busy place even on a Tuesday night ,ribs were fall off the bone ,melt in the mouth good. Chicken was very good and the fries were just the best I have ever had. I also chose the cinnamon apple side -a great choice. Finished up with the chocolate cake which was new on the menu and is a superb choice. Server was good for most part but as I usually find if you are only drinking water (a health choice on my part) server doesn't come by too often to refill glasses. A really great place to eat ,but don't expect a quiet romantic evening -the acoustics seem to be such that the noise from tables around you do drown out your conversation . I will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013

Ottawa, Ontario Canada
“Over priced. Pile of fries.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Lovely setting, overpriced food. Not sure why it is popular. Definitely not for us. This is a popular Ottawa lunch spot, but neith I nor my wife have ever cared for it.

Visited December 2012
“Always amazing”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is the first choice when dining with my friends downtown. Not only is the location perfect, but the first class service and food is always consistent. There are no surprises when we visit this restaurant - the staff are always in clean and pressed white shirts and black pants - always looking sharp. The menu choices that I have tried are always delicious and ample in size. I usually go for the salad entrees and they are more than enough for a lunch serving. As well, the grilled calamari and other great appetizers are delectable.

We are not the only ones to have discovered this place - it's always hopping, always busy, so it's highly recommended to book in advance. If not, they have first come, first serve seating in the lounge, however, you have to get there before the mealtime rush to get a table. I have heard there is free underground parking for evening dinners, but double check with the restaurant.

I can't say enough about this place and I would highly recommend it for a great lunch or dinner. I have seen large groups here too - so I would think it would be a great place for a celebration too.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank bluenoser840
“Good Eats”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a great time at Baton Rouge. Nothing exceptional, as we haven't been back since. I think if it were closer we would visit more.

“Ribs!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great food. A bit pricey for the casual atmosphere. Make sure you have reservations for Friday and Saturday or you will have a long wait. On the other hand, you can wait at the bar and be served there as well.

Visited March 2013