“Lucky 13”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Absinthe

Absinthe
Ranked #6 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: French, European, Canadian, International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Absinthe is a Restaurant where you can eat too much, drink too much, put your elbows on the table and laugh out loud...all at the same time and nobody cares. Absinthe is a restaurant of the people for the people.
Ottawa, Canada
“Lucky 13”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My beautiful wife of 13 years had a meal of matching beauty at Absinthe. Okay, my meal was great too.
For some reason we've never visited this Wellington institution, despite have read many positive reviews, talked to many other fans of the restaurant, and, at one point, having had a cousin work there!
That oversight was put to rest this past week, when we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. In the mood to celebrate, we each had the table d'hote. The centerpiece of my wife's meal was the duck; cooked perfectly, and surrounded by an amazing cauliflower and goat cheese side. My bison steak was cooked a perfect medium rare and the au jus-based sauced complimented it perfectly.
The strong opening apps and cleansing salad both tasted great, and made the meal too perfect (and too filling) for much dessert.
Would recommend it over and over.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank chrispbridgen

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently I had lunch in a restaurant in Ottawa called Absinthe, located on Wellington St W near the Irving Greenberg Theatre.
I started with a cappuccino as it was around Noon and was feeling an urgent need for caffeine.
Sugar, which I didn't need, came cubed white and brown on a little plate. Looked great.
My daughter chose steak frites and was very happy with her choice.
I had the salad Nicoise, tasty tuna, egg, haricot beans, potato, onion, etc parsley I believe, in a creamy delicious but not overpowering dressing.
We shared ice cream for dessert, chocolate, vanilla and raisin brandy or some such. Delicious, made on the premises apparently.
Looking forward to returning lunch or dinner at some future point. In the near future, I hope. There's convenient parking out back.
Right next door to a good gift store called Ravensara.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Cabsauve
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Enjoyed a nice meal here. Food was very good but the wait between courses was grueling. Aside from that glitch, service was excellent - our waiter (Michael? - tall, dark hair) was amazing.

• Visited July 2013
Gatineau, Canada
“Great place for a date night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place came highly recommended by my fiancé and friends. The portion sizes were perfect, good ambience, excellent service and knowledgeable staff. I didn't particularly enjoy my burger + poutine meal but did taste my fiancé steak and it was really good. It's a bit pricey but you get your money's worth. A great place for a date night! :)

• Visited August 2013
Aylmer, Qc
“Best Meal in a Long Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I love how consistent this restaurant is. I've been 4 times, had 4 different meals, and each one was as good as the last. The portion sizes are perfect, the ambience is lovely, it makes for a wonderful date night. The service is always excellent, the staff are very attentive, but don't come too often, it's wonderful.

Great food, great service, will be going many more times :)

• Visited July 2013