Rideau Heights Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspark like settingmuskoka chairsquiet motelcereal boxesroom was cleanfresh muffinshunt club roadcold cerealbusy roadquiet areashort driveclose to the airportcarleton universitycoffee makerfree continental breakfastreception areainternet access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a pleasant stay. The premises were clean and the staff was courteous. It is not a fancy motel, but had everything that we needed. I would certainly stay here again. Very good value. The only thing I would have liked was an iron.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Northyork78
Reviewed June 17, 2013

there were cobwebs on the ceiling, found 2 ants in our room, I didnt have the 'please make up room' sign on door but they did(yes that bothered me).the room was pretty small for $108 a night.had to use the microwave in the lobby to make our dinner.closest bus stop was a 5-10min walk away so we ended up taking a cab every day instead of a bus.the parking spots were not numberd to the rooms so we had headlights in our window constantly from the ppl next to us parked infront of us.only things i enjoyed : the muffins they gave for breakfast were good.and the mattress was incredible

• Stayed: May 2013
Ainsley V, General Manager at Rideau Heights Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Good Morning,
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post a review. We take all review comments and use them to improve our Inn.
I spoke to our head housekeeper to pay special attention to any cobwebs that may have been missed. Seeing that your door opens to the outside we do get the occasional ant taking refuge, however, we do make every effort to eliminate this.
I am pleased to hear you did enjoy our new pillow top mattresses and our locally baked muffins. We value your opinion and we would love to see you again. Perhaps we can leave you with a more positive experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Room was adequate for our needs. We asked to have two burned out light bulbs replaced when we arrived. Mattress was comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The Inn was located convieniently to the wedding we were attending. The grounds are nice with tall pine trees. The Inn is quiet with little road noise. Continental breakfast was ok, nothing exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Steinapple

Good Day,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. All reviews are read and taken into consideration.

With our barely there summer, I am glad you got to enjoy our green areas and some good weather! I believe some of those tree are 100 years old!

We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through Ottawa.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Rideau Heights Inn for two nights. I was a little concerned when I showed up in the office to everything covered with painter's cloths and no one around however quickly learned that the owner was just around the door preparing for the next days' breakfast. I cannot, in the 50 some years I have been staying in 5-star hotels and 3-star motels ever had a bed as comfortable as the one at the Rideau Heights Inn. They have just finished a makeover of all the rooms and they are spacious and well appointed. One recommendation I would have for them is that they need to change their shower heads! The luxury of the bed is a complete opposite for the old style shower head that feels like needles coming out of the wall. Also found that when I went to take a bath at 11:00 pm that I could not get really hot water and wonder whether the water tanks are set on a set-back thermometer to conserve energy which is great normally but this was a cold, rainy night and I really wanted a hot bath! The water temp the next day was perfect.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room right on the parking lot and it was good except for one of our neighbours that had friends departing at 2:00 am and had a lengthy good bye right outside our door.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at this motel on the recommendation of local friends whom we were visiting. It is easy access if your visit is to the south side of Ottawa near Prince of Wales Drive. The room was small but clean, with a very comfortable king-size bed. Natural ventilation was minimal. There is a small fridge and a large flat-screen TV with a large package of channels, including many specialty channels. The bathroom was tiny with no towel racks. The security lock on the door did not work (the bolt seemed misaligned with the hole in the door frame). The complementary breakfast consists only small cereal boxes and muffins. The Wi-Fi seemed slow. It's price is lower than most major chains in Ottawa, but higher than some Mom & Pop places. The check-out process was slow and cumbersome considering they had already swiped our card when we arrived. Nonetheless we'll probably return because of its location and cleanliness.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family