“Amazing!!”
Review of The Metcalfe Hotel

The Metcalfe Hotel
Ranked #20 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Our stay at the Hotel Indigo in Ottawa was absolutely fantastic. Beautiful hotel with professional and friendly staff. Our room was amazing. The location of the hotel was walking distance for all the sights and sounds of downtown Ottawa, and just a short cab ride to the airport. The bathroom was awesome with a separate glass shower and a jetted tub. We did not want to leave our room. The ability to access a Tim Hortons from within the hotel was an added bonus. We will highly recommend this hotel to any and all of our friends and family.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our corner room with a king size bed. The room was so spacious we did not feel like leavi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Teresa S
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Teresa S,

I am so happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us from our friendly staff to the amazing room to the great location to explore all our neighbourhood has to offer.

The recommedation of our hotel to your family and friends is the higest compliment!

We look forward to inviting you back on your next trip to Ottawa.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Staff at this hotel was very rude. At check in when we asked questions about certain things we has seen on the website I was informed that I must have been looking at a different website and those things didn't apply to them. When we asked about the secure over size parking we were told that that security guard where on site and watched over the vehicles. It turns out that the over size parking is in a back ally that the guard checks every couple of hours and is a pain to get in and out of if there is more then one over size truck. We also found the rooms very hot and cluttered with furniture. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Will B,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had during your recent stay with us. Our goal is to deliver inspired service to all of our guests and I am very disappointed to read this was not the case for you. I would like to discuss your stay in more detail if you would be willing to contact me. I can be reached by calling the hotel directly at 613-231-6555 or by email at kjones@ottawadowntownhotel.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

In hospitality,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Enjoyed this simple yet boutique-y hotel. Lobby is quite lovely, and rooms are well-sized with nice mural-print walls. Bathroom was great too -- glass shower separated from whirlpool bath. Appreciated the iPad/iPod jack on the clock-radio as I forgot to bring my charger adapter. :)

Pool is shared with the larger hotel next door so you get a bigger, nicer pool than you might've normally for a hotel of this size. Price (in winter, mind -- Ottawa winter ;) was very good for quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear TobyOB,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad the comfort and design of our guest rooms and the lobby and our pool made your experience a positive one.

We look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo on your next visit to our neighbourhood.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed in this Hotel to attend a wedding in Ottawa....my first impression of the hotel was to run....generally when checking in the Front Desk Clerks are friendly, helpful, explain how to get to your room, where to eat - well she basically threw the room card at me and that was it! Upon arrival at the room, I could not believe how much furniture they packed into a very small room, there was barely enough room to move. The furnishings are new and very nice - it is the actually rooms that are very small and look out onto the Atrium of the hotel. We were never able to get any towels during our stay there. Also, when I reserved the room, I was told that the rooms all had Keurig coffee machines in them - ours didnt. Not that it is a big deal to me - a coffee is a coffee in the morning - but on top of everything else I think it is worth noting.

I will not be staying at this particular hotel again and will most likely avoid the Chain in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank luvtotravel1986

Dear luvtotravel1986

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for sharing your stay experience on Tripadvisor. The comments and feedback we receive from our guests allows us the opportunity to improve upon our product and service.

I am terribly sorry for the less than satisfactory stay experience you had with us. Our goal is to deliver inspired service and I am disappointed this was not the case for you. As you also sent an email to our Guest Relations Department, we have been able to follow up with the staff member who checked you in. As a member of our Guest Services team has contacted you directly I trust everything has been followed up to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback.

In hospitality,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Room was nice, had a comfortable bed, wood floors and a nice glass shower (don't care much for bathtubs). I appreciated the comfort in the room, except maybe the desk which was a little small. Fitness center and pool are nice. However, the affiliated restaurant is real bad, service is horrible and the food is barely decent. If you are on business and expect to grab a quick breakfast before heading out, you might as well skip it and head to a nearby coffee shop because you are rolling the dice when it comes to service (you could be lucky or could be stranded there for a while). If you are on a personal holiday and want to eat out, I think this hotel is a very decent option. If you are on business and/or expect to eat at the hotel a few times, there are much better option out there.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators (on the North side) are quieter. It's not the elevators themselves...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear SebastienMtl L,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor. The feedback we receive from our guests allows us the opportunity to improve upon our product and service.

I am happy to read you enjoyed your guest room as well as our pool and fitness centre. Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience with our restaurant did not live up to the rest of your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the Food & Beverage Director and we will be sure to follow up on the service provided.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to invite you back on your next trip to Ottawa.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo in January on our trip to Ottawa to go skating in the Rideau Canal. We arrived early in the morning and the hotel, to our surprise, let us check in to our room since it was ready. The room was clean and modern. The location was fantastic. We checked our bags easily at the front desk the next morning when we went exploring. All in all I think we could not have had a better experience at the Hotel Indigo!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Amy S,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for taking the time to share your stay experience.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us from the service, to your guest room to the location. As you mention, we are in a great location to experience all our neighbourhood has to offer, especially in winter, when we are just a short walk to the canal to enjoy a skate on the longest outdoor skating rink.

Thank you again and we look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo on your next trip to Ottawa - maybe when the weather is warmer!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Booked via ihg site for 112$ government rate. Did a little staycation here one weekend to enjoy the downtown core during the week end. Check in was very courteous and friendly, and got my room promptly. It was a bit small but was well decorated with a nice mural, a nice king bed, large TV, free Wi-Fi, small but nice bathroom.

The gym was decently equipped with 2 of each ellipticals, bike and treadmills, weights, a shallow pool, good for laps, and a jacuzzi, which was a bit lukewarm. The location Is great, close to restaurants, Tim Horton. Week end parking is available on street, especially at night.

Overall, à great choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Lubiere,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in downtown Ottawa and for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and felt it was a great choice for your weekend staycation. Our location is great to explore everything our neighbourhood has to offer, and is within walking distance of so many great restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Even as locals we tend to forget about all of the wonderful things to see and do in our downtown core.

Thank you again and I hope we will see you again on another weekend "away".