The Metcalfe Hotel
$160
$137
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$125
Hotels.com
$143
$123
1,118 results
All reviewshotel indigoparliament hilllaminate flooringdowntown ottawabyward marketparking garagefront desk stafflocation is greattim hortonscorner roomrideau canalbed was very comfortablebusiness tripclean hotelsparks streetmini fridgenational gallery
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at this property on October 22-23, 2013. The location is excellent and very central to a lot of sites. The Byward Market is about a 15 minute walk. The room was very clean, but the only drawback was that it had a strong fragrance in the air - I suspect the cleaners spray air freshner when they clean as it was strong on both days. Also, the light from the clock radio lit up the room at night so I had to cover it with a magazine. Otherwise, the room was very comfortable. The staff are great and very friendly. I will definitely stay there again when in Ottawa and highly recommend it to my friends and associates.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear kar2013,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for taking the time to write about your stay experience on Tripadvisor. We value all feedback we receive from our guests as it provides us with the information we need to better improve upon our product and service.

I am very glad to read you found our central location to be so convenient for you and your found our staff to be very friendly.

With reards to the frangrance in the air I have followed up with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure we are not spraying too strongly in the guest rooms. The clock radios acutally have a setting that will reduce the brightness of the display. Based on your feedback, we will look at how we can better communicate this with our guests.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo Ottawa.

In hospitality,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

It has been a few years since I stayed at this property. Due to the length of time, I expected to see the rooms be a bit run down. That wasn't the case, rooms were clean and still in great condition albeit they are very small. I only wish the washrooms had a makeup mirror and a hairdryer with more power. It was hard to do work at the desk as the chair was stuck in the lowest position so that is a minor fix. The location is fantastic with a view of Parliament. The staff at check-in (Sophie) was extremely accommodating in putting me in a location of the hotel that I preferred. There was an incident where there was a room mix up and I had a maintenance man waking me up in the middle of the night. I didn't report it to the front desk and when I went to check out before I could say anything about it, front desk staff (Keisha) apologized for what happened and offered to comp a breakfast. That is a sign of excellent customer service and I wish other hotels I have stayed at would offer the same level of service. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Luckyduck2012
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Luckyduck2012,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disturbance in the middle of the night. Please be rest assured this is not a normal occurrence in our hotel and we have already followed up on this situation to ensure something like this does not happen again. I am happy to hear that Sophie and Keshia took such great care of you and were able to recover the situation for you.

We look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo on your next trip to Ottawa!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

the wheelchair accessible room is spacious and the flip chair on the shower room is wide and very comfortable, exactly what i needed. the bed,pillows and towels are clean and comfy. the staff were friendly and helpful. we'll definitely stay here again if were in the city.

Dear nic e,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all comments and feedback we receive from guests such as yourself.

I definitely appreciate your comments regarding our accessible room as we do not always hear specific feedback about the functionality of the room from our guests. As well I am glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and the room to be clean. These are certainly areas we pride ourself on!

Thank you again and we look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo should you return to Ottawa.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Indigo for a conference. Was there for 4 nights. When booking, Kale was an absolute delight - I had been searching for quite some time for a wheel in shower for a handicapped travelling companion. Kale was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and efficient! Thanks Kale! Best accessible room we have had - large, CLEAN, great washroom layout with many assistance bars, fold down large shower bench, large shower. Beds very comfortable. Hotel Indigo has a great location. We walked to our conference, walked to Parliament Buildings, close to Byward Market and some excellent shopping. Starbuck coffee available in restaurant, and 2 Tim Hortons, 1 Starbucks and 1 Second Cup within a block! Only request would be better lighting in the bathroom for makeup application. Perhaps lighted mirrors?

1  Thank travelling_momma42

Dear travelling_momma42,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent trip to Ottawa for a conference and for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

Our goal is to deliver inspired service to all of our guests and I am delighted this was the case for you! Kale is an asset to our team and I will definitely be sharing your comments with him and the rest of the team.

I am happy you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. The feedback regarding our accessible room is very much appreciated as we do not receive many comments regarding the functionality of this room. We are looking into make-up mirrors and appreciate the feedback.

It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our great location by walking to many attractions, including the many coffee shops in our neighbourhood! We are able to meet everyone's coffee preferences within a block radius!

Thank you again and we look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Indigo. I'm a regular at InterContinental hotels and since Indigo is part of the same company I thought I'd give it a try. Mistake. It feels like a downtown motel pretending to be a 4 star property. From the paper thin stucco walls to the tacky décor (Think beach elements. Downtown Ottawa...). As soon as you walk into the lobby there's a strong smell of cheap motel. Bathroom was on the small side with leaky faucet.

I asked for a late check out which is at 4pm at most hotels I stay at. Well at 2pm the maid started knocking on the door. I told her I was on a conference call and couldn't answer. She had the front desk ring the room. I felt like I was being kicked out! Very poor guest experience.

Pros: As an IHG Platinum I got upgraded to a suite (which faced into the atrium, not outside!). Bathroom amenities are from AVEDA. Excellent location for business and pleasure. Walking distance to Parliament hil and Rideau canal.

Would I go back? Not unless I'm forced to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks outside.
1  Thank Sebastien380
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Sebastien380,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay you recently had with us. Our goal is to deliver inspired service to all of our guests and I am truly disappointed this was not the case for you.

As a small hotel it is difficult to extend a late check-out past 2pm on a sold out evening, however, it sounds like we did not communicate well with you which is a training issue that will be addressed. We certainly do not want our guests to feel as though they are not welcome in our hotel.

I am happy you enjoyed our Aveda Guest Amenities and our great location that is within walking distance of so many of Ottawa's attractions including Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal and the Byward Market.

I would be happy to discuss your stay experience with you further should you wish to contact me at 613-231-6555 or by email at kjones@ottawadowntownhotel.com.

In hospitality,