The Metcalfe Hotel
Hotels.com
$184
$136
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$103
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$115
Hotelpower.com
1,115 results
All reviewshotel indigoparliament hilllaminate flooringdowntown ottawabyward marketparking garagefront desk stafflocation is greattim hortonscorner roomrideau canalbed was very comfortablebusiness tripclean hotelsparks streetmini fridgenational gallery
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel praised to be an upscale to its sister hotels in its mother chain such as Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Crowne Plaza. I have stayed at all these other hotels in the chain numerous times and never had an experience as the Hotel Indigo which was my 1st and will be my last stay. As a Priority Club Gold rewards member, I received no extra privileges and welcome like the others hotels in this chain. Eg free breakfast, water and fruit etc . More over on arrival to the room there was a tray with waters and others snacks for a hefty price of $12.00 i believe for just the water. When I asked the the front desk they said they don't have nothing special, but I should get extra points but they didn't know how many.
On arrival to the room the television dint work because the remote batteries were dead, i called but by the time someone came I used my own. I then ventured out for dinner in the market, and return back looking forward to a good sleep after a very long day and a early morning ahead. The king size bed had a total of seven pillows which were all uncomfortable and i actually hurt my neck when i fell asleep on the a bent in middle mattress that was also very uncomfortable, I woke up about two hours later in pain and aches from the discomfort of the bed and pillows , and decided to sleep on the floor which was at this point more comfortable. My view from the room was on to Laurier street across from a building being constructed, an abandon building i think and lights from cheap restaurants. Park on the street if you have to because what you pay for is to drive to the bottom of a parking garage, and to exit you have to get out of your car and pull a chain to operate the door and carefully squeeze down the alley to slater st, very bad set up.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, such as yourself, as it provides us with information that helps us improve upon our product and service.

I am sorry and disappointed to read that you did not feel special at our hotel as a Gold Priority Club Member. We appreciate your loyalty to IHG hotels. To clarify the benefits of a Gold Member of our Priority Club Program, the benefits include collected points, extended check-out until 2pm when requested and available, complimentary weekday newspaper and priority check-in. It does not include complimentary items or bonus points. The water in our guest room is $4 so I'm not sure what the $12 is for that you mention.

A good night sleep is the most basic thing we should provide our guests and I am very sorry to hear you found your bed to be so uncomfortable. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, I invite you to contact me by contacting the hotel directly.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in an upgraded King room after attending a Christmas party.

Advantages:
- Spacious room
- Aveda amenities
- Courteous Staff

Disadvantages:
- Noisy location. We were on the corner facing the street, and hear sirens/traffic all night. We also heard conversations in the room next to us well into the morning.
- Extremely hard bed. On check-out we were told that we could have asked for a "mattress topper"? (I wish I would have known before hand!)

The price was reasonable, but considering we only get out once a year without the kids in tow, we will be looking elsewhere next year.

Room Tip: I suspect a room away from the street would be less noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor. The comments we receive from our guests provides us with the opportunity to continuously improve upon our product and service.

I'm glad to read that you found our staff to be courteous and that you enjoyed our Aveda amentities -they are my favourite. I am sorry however to read that you found our beds to be too hard for your liking and your room noisy.

I invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your stay experience any further by contacting me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

A perfect stay, in an hotel in a good spot downtown. Very clean. The rooms are modern the bed are very confortable. The pool is kind of small but it's great if you are with yours kids. If you don't pay too much it's a great value for your $$$$$

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chag22
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I have to admit I love that you titled your review with "Perfect Stay"!! This is how we want all of our guests to feel when they stay with us! I hope you were able to experience all our neighbourhood has to offer during your stay.

We look forward to inviting you back on your next visit to Ottawa.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I brought my fiance here as a surprise anniversary gift and all I can say is wow..
You walk through the front doors into the lobby out from the cold dark night and find what feels like a courtyard waiting for you.

This place feels like a building inside of a building with seating in the lobby and trees. and balconies coming out and over with a giant waterfall.

We were very impressed but this was nothing. The rooms were fantastic. very modern and very comfortable. We had a large king size bed looking out onto the city. it was very warm, clean and quiet on streets that are not very busy.

The pool was fantastic and we enjoyed sitting around in the hot tub.

This is certainly a hidden Gem in Ottawa and if you are looking for a romantic place to bring your loved one I can certainly say this is one of the best if not the best place in Ottawa I have stayed.

I cannot give any opinion on the food as we were in the middle of the city so we ate out every meal.
Staff were incredibly nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lobby in winter. You will look out onto trees and a nice bright patio instead of slushy streets. Also at night the loby glows blue with all the lights. Very warming and nice to see
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin M

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent "staycation" and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate hearing about our guest's experiences with us are and I was very happy to read that your romantic surprise was a hit! We love when we have local guests stay with us and experience our neighbourhood as a "guest".

We hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in downtown. Walking distance to rideau center. Very clean, comfortable beds. Shower was great. I loved the modern decors, very contemporary. No complaints, only stayed one night and didn't get to go at the pool or restaurant but everything else was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank TLL87

Thank you so much for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and discovered how close we are to everything our neighbourhood has to offer such as the Rideau Centre. Hopefully you will have more time to spend with us on your next trip to Ottawa!
We look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo.