The Metcalfe Hotel
$285
$150
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$125
$144
$131
Hotels.com
1,118 results
All reviewshotel indigoparliament hilllaminate flooringdowntown ottawabyward marketparking garagefront desk stafflocation is greattim hortonscorner roomrideau canalbed was very comfortablebusiness tripclean hotelsparks streetmini fridgenational gallery
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Bit disappointed after reading the reviews and expecting a "funky downtown boutique hotel". It isn't funky or boutique, it's corporate trying to be trendy with a bad designer!
However on the plus side, service was good, the cafe produced excellent breakfasts and tasty room service menus, the pool was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Parking was useful even though you had to navigate a maze of corridors and elevators to get to it. Also we could hear the elevator pinging constantly from the room which was a little annoying.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank aldonna
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear aldonna,

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our facilities and found our hotel and services acceptable. We are very proud of the style of our hotel, I'm sorry you found it dull. Your comments are important to us and will be shared with the appropriate departments.

Thanks again,

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Couldn't ask for a better spot to stay in downtown Ottawa. Very central, could walk to the museums, restaurants, Byward Market, etc. Very friendly staff, nice rooms and ammenities.

Room Tip: I was on the street side which was a little noisy, but with ear plugs I would recommend.
6  Thank Ensposito
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Indigo at the end of April. The hotel location is very convenient to the Parliment Buildings (say Hi to Steve), the Byward Market, canel, shopping, night life, and dining, and also to the 417 and airport. The first night my wife found the bed was quite hard as others have mentioned, we spoke to the helpful staff at the front desk and they arranged to have a mattress topper added to the bed. We both found the change a really terrific improvement !! I wouldn't take this as a complaint, or negative view of the hotel, as the request was quickly addressed and the result very comfortable. This hotel has a nice pool for relaxation or to do laps, and the fitness area is on par with a small club (a very nice change from the cramped "gyms" most hotels provide. The decor of the rooms and bath are very well done. Highly recommended & I'll definately stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner units have windows on two sides which provides abundant natural lighting and city views
8  Thank Beenthereanddidthat
Indigo08, General Manager at The Metcalfe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo. The feeback we receive from our guests provides us with the information needed to continuously improve upon our product and service.

I am happy to hear that our staff were able to take care of the concerns you had from your first night quickly and to your satisfaction. And we will definitely say hello to Steve for you!

We look forward to inviting you back to Hotel Indigo on your next trip to Ottawa.

Kim Jones

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Went to Ottawa with the kids for Easter weekend. The good: great pool for kids (under 4 feet in the "deep" end), kids receive a toy upon check-in ("this is the best hotel we ever stayed in!"), clean rooms, friendly staff and an Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday morning. The bad: hard-as-rock beds and somewhat small rooms for a family of four.

Also the bathroom was reasonably nice/clean with a glass wall, but it felt quite cramped when I was in there with the kids.

I would have given a higher rating if the beds weren't so uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank notacamper39

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. The feedback we receive from our guests in all forums provides us with the information that allows us to improve upon our product and service.

I appreciate your kind comments about the things you and your family did enjoy as well as your honest and personal feedback regarding the beds.

I hope you will consider choosing Hotel Indigo again on your next trip to Ottawa. If you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly by calling 613-231-6555.

In hospitality,

Kim Jones

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for the first time in Apr. The location is excellent as it is within walking distance of the market and other downtown locations. It i right on the two main bus routes so one can be at the airport or other Ottawa locations in less than 30 mins for $3.25. The room I was in was well maintained and comparible to other Indigo properties. The hotel staff were very friendly and answered my questions promtley. The only slight negative experience was the slow speed of the internet, not major but not speedy. I will be back.

9  Thank NavyGuy337