“Not a bad seat in the house.”

Canadian Tire Centre
Ranked #26 of 290 things to do in Ottawa
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a really nice stadium as I went to see the New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators in Jan. There is not a bad seat in the house and a the rink is amazing. The security was cool as you got to really get close to the glass during warm ups and the players tunnel. If you got to MSG in Manhattan this is not allowed. Beer prices seem to be the same at almost every arena I have gone to with $10 a beer and the fans are pretty cool as they did not bother or heckle my group as we had jerseys of the opposing team on. The only downfall is the stadium seems to be in the middle of nowhere.

2  Thank John M

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I'm not originally from Ottawa, and didn't have a NHL team in Nova Scotia when I was growing up. Its quite nice to be able to check out games from time to time. Its fun to have a home team to cheer for. I always buy 300 level tickets because I honestly don't think there is a bad seat in this rink. You might be up high, but you are still close because of how steep the seating is. I like sections 321, 322, and 323 because they are close to the bar for the breaks between periods. We usually go on Metro Family night because they tickets are cheapest and you get free food with your ticket stub.

A great tip: Take the bus. Parking is horrendous and the traffic is worse. You can get a OCtranspo bus from Hurdman station and bypass the traffic in a bus-only lane. After the game its easy to get a bus back and they even have their own ramp now and can bypass the parking lot exit crowd.

1  Thank Fin M
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Just spend for a week end in ottawa, go to the Hockey Arena Tire Center
Amazing experience, great service, great match, fabulous atmosphere and spirit.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We took in a Senators Game on January 16th at the Canadian Tire Centre. As the Senators were losing badly, we decided to leave five minutes early to get a jump on traffic. We parked in lot 9 and attempted to exit through the west exit at the end of the lot 9. As we were parked close to this exit, we thought we'd get out quickly but not to be the case! The police blocked the exit, not allowing anyone to leave. After forty-five frustrating minutes they eventually open the gate to allow cars out. We later found out that they were giving preference to cars exiting from lot seven explaining that they were "season ticket holders"?!?! This was the worst display of traffic control I have ever seen at this venue. I blame on rookie cops inability to manage the traffic. I am reminded why I rarely go to the Canadian Tire Centre and will not return there any time soon!

4  Thank Beaudod
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have read reviews here of people complainig about it being in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing around it. The Kanata Centrum is a short 2 minute drive and has countless number of restaurants and stores. The arena itself has 3 full size restaurants on site. The only downside about this arena to me is the parking and exit. I am sure there is a better system to make this easier but at the moment, no better system can work. If you want to drink before a concert or hockey game, plenty of options exist. Food is expensive but is to be expected at an arena, and I can vouch for other arenas, food is ALWAYS expensive. Always a great experience and atmosphere when I have been to the CTC!