“BEST FISH AND CHIPS IN CANADA”
Review of Heart & Crown

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Heart & Crown
Ranked #33 of 77 Nightlife in Ottawa
Reviewed February 17, 2013

So so so excited to share my new find!! I had the best fish and chips I've ever had here! The batter on the fish was scrumptious, the quality of the Haddock and texture mmmMmmm, and the chips were delicious too (with a good balanced mix of crunchy little ones and more chewy long ones)! Served pretty fast and with great waitresses & customer service! Also a nice family atmosphere, great music in the background, and drinks selection! Thank you for a wonderful and memorable meal in Ottawa!! This will be a place to revisit and meal to re-eat when I am back to visit Ottawa again!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I only got to eat one meal at this well known pub. I knew before going in that the fish and chips are suppose to be THE thing to order. Well, with that kind of recommendation my expectations were set high. This restaurant exceeded my expectations. The single filet portion is enormous, there is no real need to order the 2 filet portion unless you planon sharing your entree. They make their own tartar sauce on site. That sauce isn't just a sauce it's art.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

service could not be used in the same sentence as the Heart and Crown Little italy Ottawa
Prices good , seafood chowder good , service was the very poor. We wanted to spend a night here and just relax. The serivce was top worst award for me. To bad was hoping to find another good spot to stop. This is not it.

2  Thank juiceandrick
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We went for nachos and wings and a few drinks. We got there around 6pm on a Thursday. The place was quite busy and it was a fun pub atmosphere. The wings and nachos were good, although I did find $14 for nachos to be just slightly more expensive than most places. The service was fast, but customer service was borderline average. We enjoyed the evening, but after eating at D'Arcy McGee's the next day (another Irish Pub), I much preferred the food, vibe and experience there. I would go back to Heart & Crown, it's good, but just know that there are other better options out there.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Because I live in hte neighbourhood, I often stop by the Heart and Crown, and overall find it a decent spot.

however, recently I have encountered lacklustre service...beeing ignored by servers, then mistakes that they seem completely uninterested in fixing.

A pity - the place has always seemed well managed but this summer, not so much...