“Needs Improvement”

The Corner Bar and Grill Orleans
Ranked #1,705 of 2,736 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa
“Needs Improvement”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have been twice at this new restaurant in Orleans. All I can give as advise to the owners is if they don't improve service it won't be around long.

The first time my wife and I went was at 12:30 pm on a Saturday for lunch. We were seated, had our drink orders taken and then we looked at the menus. We were only given a breakfast menu. When asked for the regular menu we were told they only serve breakfast until 3 on Saturday's!
Since we were hungry we ordered a breakfast. It was nothing special, nothing terrible.

The second time we went was for lunch on a Thursday. There were only two tables that had people in them, but we waited 10 minutes for a server to come and take our drink order. We placed our orders, two burgers, 30 minutes later we were told it would be a few more minutes. A few minutes later she brought my wife's burger then told me she punched in a buffalo chicken burger and it would be only 4 minutes for my order. 15 minutes later my burger came. Again nothing wrong with the food, but not worth the wait.

The Cormer did compensate us with a free dessert, so kudos on them, but service leaves alot to be desired.

Great selection of beers, but I am afraid if the service doesn't improve or decision not to serve lunch until 3 on the weekends doesn't change this may be a short lived enterprise in Orleans.

• Visited January 2014