“Lovely Monument”

and up
Ottawa City Tour by Land and Water
Ranked #7 of 289 things to do in Ottawa
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This monument is a good photographic option and also has the tomb of the unknown soldier in front of it. Very nicely structured and situated close to parliament buildings and main town area.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The National War Memorial was really nice. I went at night time and it was really cool seeing the memorial all lit up. The tomb of the unknown solider was really moving. Once again being able to go up and touch the memorial really made me proud of how open Canada is.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I walked by both during the day and at night. At night it was wonderfully lit, and had a big impact. If you're in Ottawa, you need to go by there. The statues of the soldiers are just amazing, and have a bit impact.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The new building is a large improvement. We can see things better and layout was well thoughtout. We enjoyed our visit. People working there were helpful and polite.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Any time I am in Ottawa, this is my first stop. I remove my hat, bow my head, and honestly, heart fully extend my respect to all this site honours. People have come to me after and thanked me for doing this as it reminded them that it is not simply a sculpture at an intersection near Parliament Hill, but a symbol for too many lost in valour for the rest of us, and those equally brave who survived to uproot those who threatened the peace and safety of us all.

1  Thank MLKahnt