“Moving.......Very Moving”

and up
Ottawa City Tour by Land and Water
Ranked #7 of 290 things to do in Ottawa
Reviewed December 16, 2012

During my visit every time I walked towards downtown or walked by the National War Memorial I would conscientiously think about the sacrifices made by our Armed Forces. Very striking Memorial for them.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

As an ex-air force member, many memories, including my stage in Egypt with UNO. I visited this site when they opened at their present location, close to the bridge to Hull.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

There is really not much to say, we all found it boring! I can't believe the money they spent on building it,such a let down!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Easily the best monument in Ottawa...and in Canada. We don't "do" monuments in Canada, but I am glad that we have this one.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stopped by to see this Memorial. Beautiful memorial, well done. Please be respectful as it is also a resting place for unknown soldier. My 4 kids (ages 8-14) enjoyed looking at the different soldiers within the monument - The best part was finding the one woman soldier (wearing a skirt!) & trying to figure out what war she would have been in & what she was holding. Worth a look if you are in the area.