“Excellent B&B in Ottawa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ottawa
Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast
You added Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #17 of 61 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent B&B in Ottawa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on our vacation in Ottawa. The hosts, Cynthia & Paul, are very friendly and welcoming, and have a very lovely home. We stayed in the Crab Apple Room, and while the room does not have an ensuite, there is a private bathroom just a couple of steps across the hall. They even supply bath robes. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The delicious breakfasts provided were some of the best I have ever had. The B&B is within a short walk to bus stops, which will take you into the city centre in about 10 minutes. I would most definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bruxelles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have been travelling a lot these years and stayed in many places, but Shirley Samantha's B&B is one of the best experiences I have ever had! Location is good, it's not in the city centre but there is a bus stop nearby that takes you to the centre in 10mins. There is also a supermarket just nearby (in case you need to buy some food) and the river is over there, so nice to have a walk.The room is very beautiful, with a very nice decoration, clean and comfortable. There is a room with cookies and beverages available for the guests plus several interesting books. There is no TV but it is part of the charme of the place, so quiet and relaxing! Everything is perfect, so charming and very well organized in each detail!
The breakfast is simply amazing! The owners, Cynthia and Paul, prepare special recipes every day, breakfast time has never been so delicious and enjoyable. The owners are wonderful, a very kind and helpful couple, they did all possible to assist me during my trip.
My trip in Ottawa will be always in my mind also thanks to this B&B, one of the best experiences that I suggest to everybody.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank acia83
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

this B&B was wonderful, the hosts as nice and helpful as could be, and the breakfasts plentiful and delicious. The room was lovely and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank grandmamyraof3
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've never stayed at a B&B before and was somewhat scared, but I LOVED my stay at Shirley Samantha's. The house was really clean. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice. But most importantly, the breakfast was AMAZING! Cynthia is a fantastic cook. She made the greatest zucchini chocolate chip muffins, buttermilk scones, and egg o'muffin! I loved the cookies in the study as well. Cynthia was very accomodating to my diet and made delicious lactose-free cookies for me! The next time I'm in Ottawa, I would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ada W
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Having two daughters at University in Ottawa over the past ten years, I have made the trip down the 401 from Mississauga many times. This past summer was the first time I stayed in a B&B. As I was looking for accomodations downtown, it never occured to me to seek a B&B. My partner and I were thrilled! The home (although unassuming from the street) was delightful. We stayed in the room with seperate private bath. All our needs were attended to from internet access to cold drinks and cookies. Cynthia was quite interested in our latest hobby geocaching and helped up navigate to my daughter's place with ease. We stayed two nights and each breakfast was a sheer delight. We shared our morning meal ourdoors the first day with a young couple from Germany and the second morning we ate inside with French guests. A delightful experience - one that will require us to return on our next trek through the city!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TTTravels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have nothing bad to say about Cynthia and her B&B. My wife, my 8-mth son and I stayed two nights in the bigger room with private shower. The room is very spacious and still has enough space after we put in a foldable crib. The house is well furnished and decorated, and very clean - spotless! Cynthia made us so comfortable and felt at home. Cynthia entertained my 8-mth baby during breakfast and he loves her reponding with lots smiles! This B&B definitely is family friendly. As many other reviewers already mentioned, Cynthia's culinary skills are superb. She cooks the best breakfast - both tastes and looks awesome, better than many 5-star hotels. For the price you pay, you get the best value!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank liketravel101
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Shirley Samantha's exceeded my expectations in every way. I felt pampered because Cynthia had thought of everything I could possibly need & more--the cookies were awesome! This is my idea of what a small b&b should be, & the short bus ride to downtown & Parliament Hill turned out to be easy.

Room Tip: Crabapple Room with hall bathroom make an excellent bargain.