Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast
Travelocity
$240
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 9, 2012

this B&B was wonderful, the hosts as nice and helpful as could be, and the breakfasts plentiful and delicious. The room was lovely and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank grandmamyraof3
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've never stayed at a B&B before and was somewhat scared, but I LOVED my stay at Shirley Samantha's. The house was really clean. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice. But most importantly, the breakfast was AMAZING! Cynthia is a fantastic cook. She made the greatest zucchini chocolate chip muffins, buttermilk scones, and egg o'muffin! I loved the cookies in the study as well. Cynthia was very accomodating to my diet and made delicious lactose-free cookies for me! The next time I'm in Ottawa, I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ada W
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Having two daughters at University in Ottawa over the past ten years, I have made the trip down the 401 from Mississauga many times. This past summer was the first time I stayed in a B&B. As I was looking for accomodations downtown, it never occured to me to seek a B&B. My partner and I were thrilled! The home (although unassuming from the street) was delightful. We stayed in the room with seperate private bath. All our needs were attended to from internet access to cold drinks and cookies. Cynthia was quite interested in our latest hobby geocaching and helped up navigate to my daughter's place with ease. We stayed two nights and each breakfast was a sheer delight. We shared our morning meal ourdoors the first day with a young couple from Germany and the second morning we ate inside with French guests. A delightful experience - one that will require us to return on our next trek through the city!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TTTravels
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have nothing bad to say about Cynthia and her B&B. My wife, my 8-mth son and I stayed two nights in the bigger room with private shower. The room is very spacious and still has enough space after we put in a foldable crib. The house is well furnished and decorated, and very clean - spotless! Cynthia made us so comfortable and felt at home. Cynthia entertained my 8-mth baby during breakfast and he loves her reponding with lots smiles! This B&B definitely is family friendly. As many other reviewers already mentioned, Cynthia's culinary skills are superb. She cooks the best breakfast - both tastes and looks awesome, better than many 5-star hotels. For the price you pay, you get the best value!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank liketravel101
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Shirley Samantha's exceeded my expectations in every way. I felt pampered because Cynthia had thought of everything I could possibly need & more--the cookies were awesome! This is my idea of what a small b&b should be, & the short bus ride to downtown & Parliament Hill turned out to be easy.

Room Tip: Crabapple Room with hall bathroom make an excellent bargain.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo