“Best breakfast in a long time!”
Review of Wilf & Ada's

Wilf & Ada's
Ranked #50 of 3,256 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: At Wilf & Ada's we are passionate about hospitality. Unlike your typical diner, we strive to make as much of our menu as we can in-house from scratch and source the best quality ingredients using local suppliers and producers whenever possible.
Reviewed December 12, 2018

I am definitely going to add this to my list of favourite restaurants for breakfast! Bacon was delicious and thick, toast was quality, I like the chives on the eggs and the baked beens, something I usually don't care for, were delicious! Homefries were just the way I like them, no ketchup required. Price was a bit higher than other places but I think it is worth it.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank bernieleob

Reviewed December 12, 2018

Friendly and efficient staff, with good food at a fair price in our nation's Capital. We sat on the patio and enjoyed our lunch asd the world strolled by.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 31, 2018

I love having breakfast here when I am in the city. Friendly fast service before your first cup of coffee is a must

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2018

This is the first review I have ever written but I felt compelled to do so. I had been to Ada’s diner years ago and loved it so I was looking forward to trying it again.

We were very disappointed. We both had two eggs with no meat and two coffees. We each got only one slice of toast and potatoes. Not impressive for $26. When I asked for fried onions with my potatoes I was told they don’t have onions in the restaurant! I have never been told that before

In any case we were very surprised after reading many other reviews. That said I will never return as i really don’t like being overcharged for a tasteless breakfast.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Love this place for so many reasons. Walked into this one room shop - open kitchen, rustic lighting, attentive service - not too nice - the way I like it. Food speaks for itself.

Packed with doubles and some with bigger parties - in my opinion - intimate for two but I don’t think i’d bring more in my company. Quarters are close - but I like that too.

Loved the eggs purgatory (the only one i’ve had with overtones of garlic). Poached to perfection buried in a robust sauce and under a generous layer of nutty arugula and shavings of Gran Padano - a lot of thought went into the savoury and the presentation. Shashuka on steroids! Artisan whole grain bread and twice cooked potatoes - very nicely done!

Line up, leave your name and they’ll text you when your table is free. Love that too! Din of appreciation in the room.

Kitchen staff may want to remember there are no secrets here.

17/18 $, cant remember which, but worth putting this one in my pocket for those special wknds. Thanks guys!

Date of visit: October 2018