“Love this place! Delicious brunch and friendly service”
Review of Wilf & Ada's

Wilf & Ada's
Ranked #71 of 2,765 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: At Wilf & Ada's we are passionate about hospitality. Unlike your typical diner, we strive to make as much of our menu as we can in-house from scratch and source the best quality ingredients using local suppliers and producers whenever possible.
Ontario, Canada
“Love this place! Delicious brunch and friendly service”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had been going to the original diner called 'Ada's' since it opened years ago and my dad was also a regular there for a couple decades too. He loved Wilf and Ada (the original owners of this spot) as well, and he used to even get up to help them bus tables when they were super busy. So I was very excited to try Wilf & Ada's and really loved that they changed the name to add Wilf's name in honour of him as well. That was very touching to see. My dad passed away right before the new Wilf & Adas opened last year so I was sad he wasn't able to see what they've done in honour of Ada AND Wilf. But I know he would have really loved to see that too.

I've only been here a few times since it opened unfortunately (wish I could go a bit more often) but I LOVE the food and the service is excellent. The staff are very friendly and they take time to chat with customers and get to know them, which is what Ada and Wilf use to do, so I was very happy to see that. I had the standard 'two eggs' breakie the first time I was there and it was delicious.
Everything tasted fresh and I love that EVERYTHING is made from scratch. On
another visit for lunch I tried one of their (grilled) sandwiches with avocado, bacon and tomato and it was excellent. They even have gluten free bread (which was actually very tasty). If you are having a standard breakie, you can ask for GF bread for
your toast. I've been wanting to try their Eggs Benny but the couple times I've tried to
to order it they've run out of Hollandaise sauce (which was disappointing, but a good sign if they run out). I hope to try them on my next visit. A wonderful spot for breakfast, I hope to get there more often in the near future. Just a warning, it IS a small place so if you're visiting on the weekend, try to come early or at least be aware that there will be a line up. But don't worry, it's worth it!

• Visited June 2014

Ottawa
“Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Went for a Saturday brunch. Was a bit of a line, but they kindly texted when the table was ready - a shorter wait than mentioned. Good service from a variety of people. Had the special which was an avocado / salsa eggs benedict. Was amazing! Will be sad if I go again and it isn't there, but I'm sure everything else is great. My friend had the hungry breakfast and such, which she also enjoyed. She was a bit surprised at the french toast, but she didn't read the french toast entre description. Pretty good priced, nice atmosphere. Will definitely try it again.

• Visited July 2014
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This diner was recommended to us by our host, and we ate breakfast there both mornings we were in Ottawa, My only regret was that we could not be there more mornings as we were working our way through the menu. The French toast was exceptional. We did not have a chance to sample the lunch menu but it looked delicious - and they have lemon curd pie and make their own ice cream. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and made our visit there seem like "home."

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Barracuda63
Ottawa, Canada
“Solid”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very solid brunch. Good service and good food! Brunch isn't always worth writing about, but here's my review: http://thegluttonouspuppet.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/wilf-adas/

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Puppet G
Ottawa, Canada
“fantastic”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

really enjoyed this experience. well done update to a community engrained business. try the picked cherry drink! its fantastic!

Visited March 2014