“great collection”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“great collection”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

the classic impressionism collection the museum has, way better that any museum in Toronto..
although it may be smaller in a smaller city. but it has a good World renounced Artist, very impressed

Visited July 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very educational”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Ottawa art Gallery has an amazing collection.
From the 'Group of seven' to world famous painters and sculpters,
this gallery has it all.
The architecture of the building is amazing in itself.
Allow a few hours to absorb this collection.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“short”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

When we purchased the ticket we asked how long it will take to go through. We were informed 2-3 hours but did not tell us they close at 5pm, which left us 1 1/2 hours. We informed them of it and did not do anything of us. Gallery was amazing, whiched we could have seen all of it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Wayne S
Akron, Ohio
246 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“A most rewarding visit at a smaller museum that has much of value for you to see.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be walking near the University of Ottawa and the Byward Market to come across this Ottawa Art Gallery on Daly Street by chance almost. I agree that the outside architecture and interior design will be reason enough to visit the building. Small courtyard area was worth my time to stay for longer than I other wise might have lingered at one place. There was something different about this building and its collection of art inside. Walking around the area to approach the building in the first place and admiring the architecture inside and design inside is worth your time. I am a museum person so almost any collection of art will attract me. I found that walking through the streets of Ottawa was well worth my travel time in part because the city's down town central area is not that large - much like Oslo Norway - so it is much more manageable thanToronto. On two days that I spent at the Ottawa Art Gallery I believe that there were no large crowds. I did like the paintings. Exhibits do appeal to me. I came away the first time just pleased to be able to admire the architecture. Do not confuse this gallery with the National Gallery of Canada. I do believe that this smaller gallery is older. You might come across tis gallery by accident or on purpose but either way do spend some time there. This smaller gallery will not overwhelm you with anything approaching the stupendous location of the National Gallery of Canada along the river across from the parliament. If you want a quiet place to talk about art with some experts available to guide your inspection of the collection it is well worth your time to have lunch there as well. Do bring a camera as well as your lunch money. Children or teenagers might like visiting this building too. Include a visit here with part of your walking tour of this part of the downtown city center near the University.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank GiudoLocattelli
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beatiful”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful looking building. I loved the hall after hall of different artworks. Really enjoyed the fact that there were a few art enthusiasts on hand to give a five minute talk about their favourite art works. I loved the internal small courtyard area. I just sat under there under the ginormas windows and soaked up some mid day sun. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Well worth the money. You need at least half a day to have a really good look around. Very pleased!

Visited May 2013