“Enjoy this gym a lot”

Ottawa, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Enjoy this gym a lot”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been going to Queensview for about 15 years, I really enjoy it. I go 3 times a week and do what my body can do according to it's limits (scoliosis). It has changed my body for the better, I mainly do Body Pump and I get great results in a short amount of time. The instructors are good (generally speaking) and the classes are quite full but not too full, at least during the day (I don't go in the evenings). Problems with parking in the winter, but I always manage to find a spot around if the parking lot is full. I guess nothing is ever perfect but personnally I love this gym.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CanadiansOttawa

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“lousy service, dirty places”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

all of the Good Life facilities are just out to get money, they need to spend it on cleaning their facilities. The staff are indifferent, unless you are already a size 2 or a model. They need better trained desk staff with actual customer service skills. There are so many other options for fitness in Ottawa, Good Life should be so much better than they are.

Visited September 2012
9 Thank Donna155004
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Messy”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hunt Club & Merivale location. The free weights are always all over the place which makes it very frustrating to work out. Also, it takes up to six months to repair equipment after you tell them that something needs repair. Also, many people drop their heavy weights which is just wrong on so many levels.

Visited December 2012
7 Thank Bea_613
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awful Service, Don't waste your money and time!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been a member of Goodlife Fitness since 2010 and just cancelled my membership officially today. Like most people, my goal was to be active and fit at my own pace and own schedule. That did not happen. Their door posted that they were closing at 6:00 pm one night, I came over at 5:00 and the woman working there, all dressed and ready to go laughed and told me to leave. I had made a complaint and all they said was "oh well I'll figure out who that was". Next incident was when I tried to cancel my member ship 5 months ago. I was told to call several different numbers and when I finally called and got it, it took them 30 minutes to do. It is impossible to cancel a membership there! Last week, I saw my bill statement, they had charged me a total of $450 this month, even though I had cancelled! After being told to call a number of different phone numbers again, I finally got rid of it for good, and still have not heard back on why the charge was made. Ridiculous and unfriendly service. Ladies and gents, if you'd like to get in shape, please invest your money elsewhere. It is certainly not a "good day" at goodlife.

Visited January 2013
9 Thank Mary M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“customer service and personal training”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

unfortunately I feel robbed of 1240$ as i was told that I wasn't being charged for my sessions where I was sick and texted my trainer and unfortunately they charged me $62 per session and yet he can choose to be sick and tell me by text 2 hours ahead of time..........or on two occasions not even show up at all......
I have to add that my training gave me the results that I was looking for however IF i was to ever do that again i wouldnt go through goodlife as I find them to be unprofessional in the customer service department and they won't reason at all.....when I tried to meet wth them they were very very condescending to say the least .......one very unhappy betrayed client......

Visited December 2012