“great tour for the price”

Double Decker and Trolley Sightseeing Tours
Ranked #21 of 47 Tours in Ottawa
Ottawa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“great tour for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went on the double decker bus trip, we wanted originally go to Dows Lake, Experimental Farm and Rideau Hall, but the double decker lady told us we can do the 130hrs tour guide or get out and visit and catch the next bus and so on, she did not have to told us twice at the almost 40$ price!!!! We did it, beat driving around the city, paying parking, dealing to found a parking and so on....the bus tour every hours so you get out, tour and catch the next one.

My parents are French therefore this was great bilingual tour, we sat on hte upper deck so much better for picture and see everything, on a rainy day/cloudy little bit firsky but so worth it!!!

Great day we had and brought us to places to visit around town without us worrying about a thing!!!!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Wicca2010

Suffolk
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“The Enjoyment of the Tour Depends on the Guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Back in September my husband and I visited Ottawa for a couple of days - not too much time to see the city, so we decided, as we usually do, to get an overview by taking a guided bus tour.

We set off in the morning and took the full ride - our guide, Chris, was brilliant. He didn't just point out the obvious - he also took pleasure in anecdotal information and pointing out his own particular favourite spots around the city. A city he seemed extremely proud of - and rightly so. He interacted with the passengers the whole time, not once were we left to wonder what a particular building was or its place in Ottawa's multi-cultural life.

On our return to Catherine Street we stopped for lunch nearby and got back on the next tour bus to get us to the Museum of Civilization. My Goodness - what a let-down! The guide in the afternoon was worse that useless. He sat near the front of the bus, facing forwards, and after the first five minutes barely bothered to point out anything other than the main buildings - we were aware of this but the other passengers may not have been as fortunate to have been around once, therefore they missed out on so much information. He didn't even bother to point out when important stops were coming up and where passengers may well have wanted to disembark to take a longer look around. We didn't get his name, but hopefully next year he won't bother to apply for a job he obviously didn't enjoy.

Double Decker tours - make a point of employing Chris next year - he's worth his weight in gold!

Allow plenty of time for a full ride and then a second circuit to visit particular destinations.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank TravelmumSuffolk
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lady dive Ottawa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great fun whistle stop tour with the benefit of no stopping for pickups no waiting for stragglers. Wonderful views from the river and the tour guide was full of info and great fun. Ideal for an overview to get a feeling for the city layout to plan your sightseeing. Good value for money.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank Linda M
Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Everytime we visit a city, we always do a bus tour and this one did not disappoint! We took the Grayline tour $70 for 2 adults. We did not hop on and off mainly because it was so busy that we would have lost a seat. The tour guide was hilarious and entertaining while providing us with an abundance of interesting facts about Ottawa. I highly recommend this to everyone.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cindy209
Ottawa, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great way to see the Nation's Capital!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My sister and I took the Double Decker "Hop On, Hop Off" tour, thought I'll mention we did not hop off. We just wanted to go for a tour of the city. I'm from Ottawa, but my sister was visiting so we decided to try it! We loved it!! I learned new things about the city and got to see areas I've never even been to even though I live in Ottawa (such a PM's house). The only downfall is something they can't really control.... they have to go at the speed of traffic, so sometimes you find yourself going past something you would have maybe liked to stay a little longer looking at. I'm considering doing the tour again, but hoping off this time. I would actually recommend doing the full run first, and then doing it again and hoping off at the areas that interested you the first time (such as the PM's house) and the guards that are posted across the street or the War Museum. The pass is for the full day so take advantage and this way you can better plan your hops on/off. The tour is offered in both languages, the guide switches back and forth and was really friendly! Overall, my sister and I had a great time relaxing on the bus and being driven around the sites for the afternoon!

Visited July 2012