“my local”

Add it.
Patty's Pub
Ranked #13 of 77 Nightlife in Ottawa
Reviewed November 13, 2012

many good times had here! lovely interior very old world pub atmosphere. Food is average, but wings are excellent! very wholesome pub and in a great location as well

Reviewed June 27, 2010

The prior review summed up my recent experience there also. I have enjoyed the atmosphere at Patty's Pub and it is a great place to have a drink with some friends. The servers are always hit and miss and my last visit I am sure that I had the server that he was referring to. My friend was shocked by the bad reception we received and wanted to leave. Food is okay. There seems to be a strange acceptance in Ottawa of servers with attitude and I am surprised that it is tolerated by customers and business owners. Will I go back to Patty's Pub? I don't think it is worth it....

1  Thank pxb123
Reviewed June 12, 2010

This pub is such a contradiction. It has the potential to become the
best pub in Ottawa (if not the country). All the elements are in place. Awesome, atmosphere, great staff (mostly), and good food. The only stick in the ointment is a single toxic personality in the guise of a server, who seems intent on destroying all of that and ensuring that you never come back. She's a bit older than the other servers (who are all excellent), but this is not about age. Irene's up the road seems like an older crowd of patrons and servers, but they are awesome...but I digress, this not about Irene's, I just wanted to show that the contradiction at Patty's boils down to one personality. It's a real pity, because everything and everyone else there is out of this world. This review page asks if I would recommend this attraction to a friend. I would, but with the above warning.

Reviewed October 16, 2009

I been going to Patty's for years ... mostly for the fish and chips. The service has always been good and the place very comfortable for everyone. My visit this afternoon was disappointing the first time ever. Has mgmt changed ? Now the interior is changed a little and they have a web presence ... something is up. Anyway, the fish they served was a little piece exactly as you get in a frozen package from the grocery store ... not their usual fish. Their "new" website says "Patty's Famous Fish : A local favorite for over 25 years". NO LONGER TRUE. Food has changed ... can't speak for anything else on the menu but the FISH has left the building. Since the fish was the attraction for me, I'll not be back ... :-(

1  Thank ottawafoodguy
Reviewed January 31, 2009

We were not given service as we were with our 16 month old daughter. We were asked to move to the back of the restaurant because there had been "too many" complaints about people swearing and upsetting children in the lower section of the restaurant. So, we were asked to leave our cozy spot by the fireplace and offered seating in the back, away from a charming couple who was also relaxing by the fire place. So, on the plus side, they have a swearing section, and a non-swearing section. But, if you want to enjoy the fire place with your partner and toddler after a skate on the canal, on a Saturday afternoon at lunch time, then you will be asked to move to the non-swearing section. Presumably, they allow the swearers to stay wherever they want.

1  Thank Barb18
pattyspubonbank, Manager at Patty's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2009

February 25, 2009

Dear Barb

First, I would like to thank you for sending your valued comments and I would also like to apologize for the delay in responding, however I was away on holidays.

In regards to your query, we at Patty’s Pub have always been a family friendly pub. Our policy of seating families in the upper dining area is one of safety and logistics. We try to keep all families together and out of harms way, as children can be quite boisterous. In addition, it allows the customers who come to Patty’s for a quiet interlude, to read, do some work or just to converse to do so quietly.

This is our policy, as we are trying to accommodate all sectors of our clientele.

The reason quoted to you, by staff, was a false reason and the persons involved have been made aware of the true nature of our policy. We sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience this event has caused you and your family.

Do come and see us again! We have tried the number you sent as a contact, but were unable to get a response, please feel free to contact us if you have any other issues.

Respectfully,