“Never had a problem here”
Review of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Ranked #18 of 74 Nightlife in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Never had a problem here”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've visited Zaphods on several occasions during my time living in Ottawa and have never had a problem here. This place is a much better club than most of the others in this city, and especially those in the Market. I am never bothered by guys trying to grind up against me while I'm dancing, and on the one occasion I was asked to leave (with reason) I was gently directed to the door. The music is always good, but the dance floor does get crowded and hot on the weekend. Cover is standard $5, same price for a domestic bottle of beer. I'm fairly sure they're honest with their alcohol pours, and some of the house drinks are pretty darn delicious. I'd say avoid the Pangalactic Gargle Blaster though (despite it's infamous name) and go for something else on the menu.
I also greatly appreciate sometimes seeing Star Wars on their projector screen, over a hockey game, but I did recently see that there as well.

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Angry”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

what started as a fun evening ended in us leaving after being assaulted by the security staff. also they charge for water. the cover charge is minimal and the music was good. but like I said laying hands on a 120lb girl without asking her to move first is criminal. they are lucky that charges weren't pressed and they apologized. bruises don't lie. we will not be back. ever.

2 Thank IanSchwede
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Electronic doesn't mean dancing...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Agreed with some review that this is clearly a local hang out but what wrong with that? We love EDM and tried to find a place to go and shake our booties on a Monday (a challenge in any city) and came across this place online. No cover which was nice. It wasn't very busy but they had a really interesting projection system, a disco ball in full effect and played (as advertised) a wide variety of electronic music. At 1:25 AM still no one on the dance floor but we hit it anyways and in no time there were at least 10 people cutting a rug with us. DJ took requests, music was great and they even let us take an event poster as a souvenir of our evening. Turned out to be a pretty funky little Monday night. Thanks!

1 Thank Ally Mack B
Vicosa, MG
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Different”
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This isn't exactly the place that you should go to meet new people or even to date someone. If you just want to hear different songs, see diferent styles of people and to drink a beer without that hi-end stuff, then it's ok!

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Different”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Escape the heat and grab a few beers and listen to some great bands.