No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Second Cup Coffee Co. featuring Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt
Ranked #1,994 of 3,231 Restaurants in Ottawa
Description: Second Cup Coffee Co.™ is Canada's largest specialty coffee retailer. From our humble beginnings in 1975 as a kiosk in a shopping mall, selling only whole bean coffee, we have continued towards our goal of being the Canadian specialty coffee brand of choice.
Reviewed January 2, 2017

This place has gone down hill DRAMATICALLY since changing owners. The cleanliness, atmosphere and congenial disposition of staff has all suffered. Better off going to Bridgehead or Starbucks. Trust me!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed July 18, 2016

When visiting in town and out for evening walks I like to stop in for a double espresso...always, hot, fresh and great tasting. My wife can get a good selection of teas.
The staff has always been friendly and service quick.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed February 9, 2016

This place recently changed ownership. Previous baristas were just the loveliest people ever...solicitous...friendly...funny...knew your order after 2 visits...
The place felt...homey.
It's changed hands. The new owner is a businessman. He knows his coffee shops. He's set on making improvements and it shows. But...the hominess is gone. It's still a nice place but it feels a bit less like your friendly neighbourhood coffee shop.
That said...it's getting there.
He's warm when he wants to be - he tries. And the new staff seem to be trying too.
Now - for those who want to know about the coffee and food...? Well - it's a second cup. The food is the same at any link in the chain and the coffee is too, pretty much.
Here's what I like: the points system rocks. I use my card at every visit and usually rack up a free coffee every 2 weeks.
They have LACTOSE FREE milk. Yes they have soy and almond and all that other icky stuff...but unlike any other coffee place - I can get REAL MILK in my coffee and still not worry about my lactose intolerance. That's GOLD in my books.
They actually pay attention to the temperatures - no more boiled milk.
They are consistent - I know my mocha will taste the same no matter where I go.

All in all...wish I could rate this a 3.5 but I can't. So average it is...for now.

Date of visit: February 2016