“Great quality”

The Ministry of Coffee
Ranked #15 of 109 Quick Bites in Ottawa
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Great coffee, and I had a breakfast sandwich that was incredible. Very knowledgeable staff. The only downside is the space - it is quite cramped and feels unfriendly.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 10, 2018

Excellent coffee! Breakfast sandwich was good too. WiFi is provided for 2 hours for free, which is fair.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 25, 2018

During my years studying in Ottawa I'd often stop in to Ministry for a Nutella latte. I was so excited to find out they were opening a second location in my old neighbourhood!
I stop by for a nutella latte at least once a trip when I come back to visit the city.
The Hintonburg location certainly has more space to accommodate studying and social meetups, but both are great spots to stop by. Glad to see they opened up wifi again (even if for 2h intervals).

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank MeemsandTy
Reviewed February 1, 2018

This was my first visit to the Ministry of Coffee, and from what I could tell the majority of customers were regular. The service was friendly, and it was clear the baristas make an effort to know their regular customers. I enjoy a simple brewed coffee, which I was happy with, but I would return for the atmosphere. Cute and cozy. Fair prices. Only downside is the cool breeze in the winter when people come and go, but they do have small heaters to keep it as warm as possible. Convenient location as well, just a 10 minute walk from the Rideau Centre.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2017

grabbed an espresso there and was very happy with the barista skills. I'm a coffee lover who always think twice before getting an espresso outside home :)
we also had a nice discussion with one staff there regarding their coffee beans suppliers and origin

Date of visit: November 2017