“Takes over an hour to just get a coffee!!”
Review of The Georgetown Pub - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Georgetown Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went here Sunday for breakfast to watch some soccer game and it's quite busy. There's only 3 servers for the entire restaurant and took more than hour for us to just get served coffee. The waitress forgot our water and took another 30 min to just get our orders!! The waitress was rushing to get our order and even forgot to get one of our friends order! She almost ignored us calling her to get one more order!!! It's the worst service ever. They should hire more servers if it's going to be this way!!! Too bad cuz I like the atmosphere of watching soccer, sucks that they have terrible service.

1  Thank Chromebonereview

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My Ottawan friend took me to Georgetown Pub to watch a Senators game on Saturday afternoon. Not too busy, but Andrea was alone at the bar and there was only one server for the tables, so we knew that they were running. It didn't make a difference. Andrea was a pleasure, paying attention to our bar needs. She made me a "Caesar", unknown to me in the US, but a regular up here in Canada, I am told. A spicy, Bloody Mary-type cocktail with clamato and a lot of pepper. Delicious. I had the poutine, which is a great guilty pleasure for me. Very nice. The Spudachos (cross cut fried potatoes in a nacho cheese sauce) were also spot on for sitting at the bar, drinking, and eating. Overall a very nice afternoon experience that I would be very happy to repeat.

1  Thank Mike28a
Reviewed October 9, 2013

A friend and I have been going to the Georgetown for many years to watch soccer and we love it; we both live within walking distance, so we can have a few beers without worrying, and they have a tremendous selection of matches to choose from. Even if they're not featuring a match you want to watch, they have enough small back rooms with TVs that there's a good chance you can see the game. Don't be put off by the dark interior and the washrooms with the mouldy ceilings. Where else can you have coffee (usually awful, mind you), orange juice, a big two egg breakfast and a beer or two and still have change from $25? The service is always wonderful.

2  Thank Faience44
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Georgetown has been the cities premier soccer pub for quite a while. They have an extensive listing on their web site of all of the TV sports they will be showing over the coming weeks and soccer is always heavily covered. The restaurant is often open for breakfast and viewing of the English Premier League games.

Various supporters groups for English Premier teams call the Georgetown their local home.

As the pub is located just a few blocks from Lansdowne Park, soon to be home to the Ottawa Fury FC of the North American Soccer League as well as a few blocks from the cities transit way station at Billings Bridge it is sure to start attracting an NASL crowd on game days.
I have been here a number of times in the past making use of one of the specialty viewing rooms and most recently visited for a meeting of The Bytown Boys Soccer supporters group.

The pub atmosphere is welcoming and the fare on offer reasonable.