“Great Indian Fare”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and the food was really tasty, some of the best Indian food we have ever had. I liked the special were you got a few choices on the same plate. So glad we stopped by here tonight.

1  Thank Andrew S

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Menu with a modern edge Served as plated meals rather than separate dishes which is a different concept. Each person orders their own meal. All seem to have more heat than most other restaurants. Small intimate environment.

3  Thank Norm W
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our experience was quite similar to other happy customers: very unusual butter chicken, quite tasty. We also very much enjoyed their curry vegetables with very fresh and crunchy chunks of sweet red pepper. The naan was also excellent. The cheese balls, the dessert included in the table d'hôte, was maybe too authentic for our liking. Our appetizer, the onion bhaji, was nice and crispy but mostly cold, probably because of the sauce that adorned it. Their drink menu is a bit expensive but then, probably not different from many other restaurants. It was cold outside, as well as inside, on the evening we went.

3  Thank sycha
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I had a great meal. The butter chicken was the best I've had: a bit more bite and less heavy on the cream than others I've had elsewhere. I literally soaked up every drop from the bowl. The rice and naan were hot and perfect match for the other dishes of curried vegetables and chickpeas. We used a Living Social coupon and, although I really enjoyed the meal and the portions were very good, I think I would have thought the meal to be a bit expensive without it. To me, Indian food is family fare, not haute cuisine. The atmosphere was very casual and the waitress terrific, but informal. So I'm not sure if the price matches the rest. Having said that, I still recommend it and will be back again, but perhaps not so soon.

4  Thank P B
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was looking for indian vegetarian food and came across Rasam, i had phulka, bhendi fry, it was amazing and more like a home cooked rather than a restaurant food. The service is excellent, I am from Milwaukee and trust me i haven't had such a tasty food in a restaurant for more than a year. The next day I again went for lunch and had chicken tikka masala and it was the same excellent service and amazing food. I strongly recommend anybody who is looking for Indian food when in Ottawa to try this place.

3  Thank Vinay1809